Does anyone know of any situation where landowners have been able to void lease agreements when the gas companies paid much less than they should have?

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Susan, I have heard some landowners that are suing to break their leases because the o/g company did not pay the bonus money in the manner in which was promised when you signed the lease. Like if you signed your lease and accepted a bank draft that stated "payable within 30 days" of the time in which you present it to your banking establishment, and the 30 days is up and you still don't have your money. You MAY be able to void the lease because the o/g company did not follow through with their end of the contract.
Thank you for the info. Time will tell., Susan
I believe Kassi talked with the city attorney or somone along those lines and stated that as a notary wasn't present it wouldn't void said contract but did say it was illegal/ unethical for notary to sign without person being present.The landmen had a phrase for it but I don't remember what it was.It may have been on Shreveporttimes.com discussion.I will see if I can find it and post.
"Subscribing witness" per Pittboss33 on 6/14/08 10:46 p.m.

Kassi "RE; No notary Present" 6/15/08 7;57 a.m. discussion time City of Shreveport Attorney opinion on the subject

SBossierGuy states code "La. Law CC 1833" 6/15/08 7:21 a.m.

All of this discussion can be found at shreveporttimes.com under the post "Unhappy Leasers" when I opened up a can of worms on this touchy subject back in the good ole days....... Last month!!
After reading through some of the older posts I feel newer guy's could really benefit from old site.There is a ton of stuff over there that we may overlook as better informed posters that new guy's could cut their teeth on after reading all the posts on the" Haynesvilleshale " site !
Snakestewart, you are right. When I did the public forums with he city of Shreveport I asked the city attorney about the notary signing after the fact. He said if the person signed the lease that would not get them out of it but is could get the notary in trouble as they are supposed to sign what they wittness.
See above Kassi:

If two people witness a document being signed, and at least one of those people presents it to the notary, then it is legal.
Notary does not have to be present, just have to have two witnesses and then one of them present the document to the notary.
Besides, six weeks before the news broke, some of the companies that were leasing didn't know about the Haynesville Shale, either.
I signed almost 3 years ago and I wonder if I am locked in with this agreement,it will expire oct,25 of this year. There are things in the contract that says if there has been an attempt at production the contract will remain in force ----as for as they see it just talking about it is an attempt----sounds like I am in the same boat you are
At the meeting the City of Shreveport held Mayor Glover spoke of one company that he did not name that they heard were going back to people who had signed early and they were offering to re-lease.
That is true but they are primarily looking at people whose leases will expire prior to drilling in their section.
HBP,
Thank you for that informative post. I was just hoping for a miracle, I guess!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service