All-

Question to those who are more saavy with reading these reports. But, in the Tristone Capital research report that has been referenced and discussed in a number of separate threads on this site, there was mention that the underlying resource value could be approximately 60Tcf of natural gas.

I have heard Chesapeake suggest at least 7.5Tcf and up to 20Tcf. While I realize it is still very early, I do expect that Chesapeake (as a public company) is being conservative at this stage. And, this is simply an amazing figure (the 20 Tcf...and certainly the 60Tcf) in relation to the Barnett Shale size (27Tcf I think????). Any confirmations or thoughts on the estimated size...realizing that it is still very early?

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting. So you are hearing that it is closer to 180Tcf? Any thoughts on reserves/well?
Could you possibly put this in laymans terms. I have heard the HS is supposed to be 5 times more gas that the Barnett. Do these figures suggest much more than that?
Supposedly, the size of the Barnett Shale is in the range of 27 Trillion cubic feet of natural gas (Tcf). The Tristone report suggests that it may be 60 Trillion cubic feet. And Mineral411 is suggesting he has heard unsubstantiated number of approximately 180 trillion cubic feet. That would be HUGE! Not sure I can believe the 180, but we'll wait and see.
Ladyoaks, the Tristone Report is slightly dated and does not reflect recent Chesapeake estimates of 250 Tcf in the 3.5 million acre core (Louisiana & Texas). This resource level would be 5 times the estimate of 50 Tcf for the Barnett Shale. Several companies have estimated resource levels at ~ 50 Bcf per section (640 acres) or about 6.5 Bcf per well based on 80 acre spacing.
Thank you for helping me to understand this better. As to the 6.5 Bcf per well estimate. Is this in the areas where they are saying the HS is thickest of an average over the whole play?

By what I understand the HS is supposed to be thicker in the area between Texas and LA (stonewall, keithville).

I hear that it is supposed to be 350 feet thick there and only 200 feet thick in Bossier.

Can you shed any light on this?
The 6.5 Bcf value was given as average by Chesapeake and Petrohawk and would reflect the areas they have acreage which is generally 200 - 250' thick. EnCana has holdings futher south and may have a lower number. Comstock has quaoted 5.5 Bcf per well.
Great. Very helpful and I am glad that I asked.
What is the average life time of a well?
i've read on this site, 30 to 50 years.
Pilgrim, as Parker stated some people have quoted 30 - 50 years. I believe 20 - 30 years may be more realistic but there has not been enough history of shale gas production to make a proper assessment of average well life.
I don't know how to enter this info into royalty calculator. Can someone do that just for fun on 1 acre.
THANKS
I'd be interested in the same info

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service