Camterra has drilled a well and capped off in this section. I am told by the landman that this is NOT Haynesville Shale but Cotton Valley. This is the same landman that signed EVERYONE in the neighborhood for $100 - $300 an acre (except me). If anyone lives in the Woodlin Park Area in Stonewall and has NOT signed a lease - please post here and maybe we can get together to get more for our land. I have been offered $1000 recently by the same guy that signed everyone else.

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Terri,

Camterra may produce that well at the cotton valley instead of the Haynesville depth but I would not bet on it. They have not turned in their completion reports yet, I think they only have until July 31, 2008 before being fined.

I only live 4 miles south of you and my offer Wednesday was $18,000 and NO WELL HAS BEEN DRILLED IN MY SECTION YET.

Any land in South Caddo Parish or Northern DeSoto Parish is what everyone has been referring to as the best spot in this whole Haynesville Shale deal and my lease offers show it. Your landman is trying to deceive you. The well in Sec. 35 may only produce at the Cotton Valley but I do not believe that and even if Camterra is not interested in drilling to the Haynesville in your section does not mean that every other company will not. I am in a hurry right now I will be happy to answer any questions you have and give you the names of the 3 companies that have all offered me over $16,000 per acre. You are being lied to about the value of your lease. Tell the landman if they truly are not interested in the Haynesville, to get you a lease EXCLUDING the Haynesville depth and see what he comes up with next. I would imagine he would say something "our company feels like if they are going to pay you this $500.00 that we should be able to get all depths" or "our company does not sign depth restrictions". Turn the tables on him and see what lie he comes up with.
insomniacinla,

Please share the names of the companies that have given those offers to you. Also, I'd still like to hear from you at the email address I gave, can you email me about the Frierson sections? Thanks
My offers have come from Chesapeake, XTO and Petrohawk, the last offer I mentioned came from Petrohawk.

I will send you that email, I apologize that I have not already, I have family in from out of town.
When i talked to camterra they said that a depth restriction would be no problem, but he landman sees different...
Terri, I told you something wrong in my earlier post and it has to do with the depth restriction. In some areas, the o/g companies are now "re-defining" what depths are named. Like they are now attempting to say certain depths are Lower Cotton Valley wells instead of Haynesville wells.
I appreciate that information. I guess now my question would be who actually determines where Cotton Valley begins and ends and what depth is the Haynesville?
Thanks for that recommendation. I was thinking the exact same thing. I sent all of the information to my attorney (which Camterra dude said that I didn't need to do) and I am waiting to hear from him. I also sent emails to Chesapeak and Petrohawk explaining where my lot is and that I had not signed any lease. Chesapeak has contacted me and told me that they have forwarded the information to their landman but I have not heard from Petrohawk.
I pulled the well informatin also before talking to him. (not that I really knew what I was looking at) He told me that the well was only drilled 10,000 ft but I corrected him with the information that I had. He seemed quite shocked.
Terri,
The O&G company may not know just how rotten this guy is. Organize those who have not leased yet in your section then contact Camterra directly. Tell them you will not deal with that land man and if they are interested in leasing your minerals they will have to send someone honest and let them know you will be soliciting bids from other O&G companies as well. If they really want to lease your groups minerals they will have someone else contact you. Make sure who ever negotiates for your group stays up to date on all of the O&G activity and can hold their own with these folks. It levels the playing field considerably when the negotiator has knowledge and can refute the lies. Also,mbe sure to negotiate a lease that not only gets you a fair financial deal but also has land/home protections that are not in the standard lease.
Terri- Please read the application for Public Hearing to the Office of Conservation (link is to the left) on April 29, #08-546. Camterra DID mention Haynesville in the application for the Bozman well, the only one they have. That might help you with your negotiations for a higher lease payment and better protections.

In Elm Grove field where I live, Camterra has used the Lower Cotton Valley definitions for wells below 10,000'. To me, and I am not in O&G, this allows them to approach people with offers for lower lease bonuses. Beth
Terri, I do not usually use such harsh words like I did yesterday but what the Camterra landmen are doing upsets me. You are the 3rd person in the subdivision that has been offered $500.00 to $1,000.00 per acre in the last week by Camterra. The landmen that Camterra are using are the same bunch that I have been dealing with here. One of their landmen told me an out-and-out untruth. He said that once an area was unitized, that they o/g company could drill anywhere they wanted to, including my land over my objections, and that the only way to protect my land is to sign a lease with a no-surface clause in it.

I am very happy that you emailed the companies and I hope that you get great offers. Do you mind if I ask if you are in the subdivision?
Could you put that link in again? I don't see it in the discussion post.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service