What is the farthest East you have heard of someone receiving a lease offer?

We have land in Webster Parish and Petrohawk offered $3,000 an acre for land they said is outside the shale.

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the big O&G are starting to find Webster Parish is not only in the shale. But that with is close location to well #63 in Elm Grove we might be sitting on a honey hole.
I am starting to think so myself.
My mother lives within site of Webster Parish on 371 and she was just offered 12,500 and 25%. She has 10 acres.
Well it sounds like it's getting better. I'm trying to figure out all of these other great offers I'm reading about. They are 30 and 40 miles from the Elm Grove fields.
what's your exact location .
I live close to Horseshoe Loop in Doyline. I have heard rumors that the people in Plum Orchard have been offered $25,000 per acre, of course this is second hand information and it could be wrong.
If these guys dont run out of money first it will come to webster and Claiborne. There is already gas being produced all over it, Pocket gas from salt formation up lifts deriving from the haynesville and Smackover formations. The Domes just form Shallow Pockets of gas which we have been able to extract from with the older Technology. One needs to understand Shale Gas and how the gas lies in it. They are not leasing Pockets here, they are leasing shale formations.....now the thickness of shale will influence the bonus payment. Just be patient and wait its been there for millions of years its not going anywhere.
John I agree with you 100%

Our land in is Claiborne Parish (255 acres)
Continental Resources has offered $1,250.00 per acre for 3 years / 25% Royalty with 2 year extension for same terms if they do not drill during the primary term.

We are cautious who they are representing because the actual lease says Louisiana Oil Group, LLC and does not say Continental Resources. I believe they are aquiring land for another company or they are aquiring recently available acreage to "flip" it to either Petrohawk/KCS or another big Oil and Gas company that is trying to move into Petrohawks territory in Lincoln and Claiborne Parish.

Our lease expires in 3 days and is currently with Petrohawk/KCS.

Jaybird
http://www.box.net/shared/918zdz1s8s, Follow this link to the deep gas study by Mancini and Goddard, it doesn't specifically mention the haynesville but it lies directly under the cotton valley. This is the final report to osti.
Understand someone is seeking to lease deeper elevations in West Simsboro Field near Grambling in Lincoln Parish.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service