offers for existing mineral rights with wells--panola -shelby county

We are getting offers on our families mineral rights on existing wells in panola and shelby county. Is there anyway to lease the deeper (haynesville) land? It seems these folks have a plan to do it. Many of these are old leases and we are looking to see if any are forced pooled or voluntarily pooled. Any suggestions on how to proceed to negotiate with existing leaseholders or are we just screwed>

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you have a Pugh Clause (depth restriction) in your lease you may be able to lease the deeper rights.
I would not use that term, but if you or your predecessors in title signed a valid lease without a PUGH clause, i.e., depth restriction, and the lessees or their successors-in-interest are living up to their end of the oil and gas lease contract, you have no standing or cause to ask or demand that the current leaseholder terminate the lease just so that you can lease the deep rights. They have control of the deep rights and are selling/subleasing/farming out those rights as we speak. There is nothing that can be done about it. Now, if they have not had consistent production and have missed a shut-in payment, then you need to see a lawyer right away to determine what your rights are at this time and then possibly ... demand a release of the entire lease. A contract is a contract and you have to live up to your end of the bargain also. or the bargain struck by your ancestors or predecessors in title. If you try to sue them for release of the lease and you cannot prove without a shadow of a doubt that they missed a shut-in payment, you can then be sued for tortious interference with their operation of the lease/well and you are letting yourself in for loads of trouble and damages, particularly if you cause them to miss a deal with someone else on the deep rights or interfere with their right to proceeds from the production. Check everything out with your attorney, don't make threats until you know what you have to deal with and be really careful. Thanks.
Thank you Woods Post Office.
Better start reviewing some history.
Shelby
What sort of offers are you receiving and from what companies? My family has mineral rights in Panola and Harrison county.
Matt--

We have been approached on a package deal to get all the fractional intrests in quite a few wells. We are researching now but will not sell--we are looking for holes in the cheese(see previous post by the post office fellow) Thank you Mr. WoodsPost office25 good luck don't sell and check your leases--royaltiy payments and any shut in fees that may have not been paid.
How does one go about obtaining a copy of a lease?
Our place has an active producing well since 1981 and interest has been through at least 3 or 4 companies. Well is in CV Sand,Res A, and is depth of 11,500ft
Thanks. We are not in La. Clerks in Benton; although very friendly, are not that helpful when it comes to those types of requests. They've told me to come and do it myself (then they will assist)or hire someone.
Guess we will have to try and send a family member.
make sure they can write it off on their taxes. good luck!
shelby
There was a message from the Bossier Parish Clerks Office posted on the site somewhere. They are actually giving an email address that you can send your information to and it seems like they were giving a 24 hour turn around time. It is not a guarantee of rights but just a records search. Try searching for the Bossier Parish Clerk of Court's site and see if you can't find a link. You may also look under some of the older topics - I believe that it was "A message from the Bossier Parish Clerk".
Above is the link that I was talking about. The message gives you the email address to send your request to. Good Luck!
Get thyself to the Courthouse and look it up. The oil companies have no obligation to supply you with a copy of your lease just so you can try to break it.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service