I have been searching the Internet most of the day and I am seeing a lot about possible horizontal drilling. I don’t know anything about drilling or landowner rights. So I guess my question would be… If John Doe down the road leases and horizontal drilling were used, would I be notified of this? Or could they go under my land without my knowledge or permission?

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If they leased a majority of the section they wouldn't need anyone elses opinion or permission to drill.You would be contacted at some point if you own the minerals on your land. And would be given several options to choose from. You would be due compensation if the well produced enough regardless of your choice. I would assume ,on the Haynesville, that most will be contacted and an attempt to lease would be made by O&G. They aren't looking for business partners , they just want your minerals.
Cozby, this is the reason a section is unitized before drilling. All the acreage in the section is allocated a share of the production no matter where the well is drilled in the section. So if you have 32 acres, your land would be allocated 5% of the production.
Cozby,
There's no way an oil and gas operator in Texas could drill on your land without first leasing the minerals from you and I couldn't even imagine the same thing not applying in Louisiana.

Good luck in the lease negotiations, remember you HAVE what they WANT!
A landman told me that you would be sent a notice when the area was made into a unit ie, when the company is ready to drill. And as others have mentioned, that's when the O&G would likely approach you about leasing. You'd have the option to sign, or not.
So, yes, they can go under your land without your permission, but they have to pay you royalties in order to do so. Even if you don't sign a lease.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service