I heard:
that some O & G boys are not paying for 1/4 acres,but 1/5 acres.
thats a $1,000 difference on a offer of $20,000 per acre

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right, the bigs have of course been in natural gas, what they haven't been in to any great extent is these "unconventional" plays. Now it has their attention, and they have the resources to buy their way in, buying leases - e.g. BP's just announced purchase of Woodford shale properties from Chesapeake and/or buying the technology by buying "independents" who do have experience with unconventional extraction.
Les, I agree with you for the most part, But with BP'S purchase of 90,000 acres in the Oklahoma play they are moving in quickly.
Pat & Ledlights, yes I am intrigued by the BP move. They have been fairly active in the Rockies so maybe feel they can tackle the shale plays. It just might be some old Amoco hands leading the charge.
I heard a story yesterday where an employee of a E & P company in the HS got his paycheck and the company name on his check was a company other than the one he thought he was working for....the name was not a known affiliate of who he hired on with. Probably no truth in this though. Go figure.
drillbit,
its probably true....there are so many under the table deals going on...
I was dealing with this agent,supposely representing CHK,but he forgot who I was and started pushing Petrohawk
Nice post kiddo' , Keep up the good work !

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service