I've heard different numbers regarding this. Is it one, eight wells per section. Or is it determined by the depth of the well? Thanks for any response. (1 well being drilled in my section, hoping for more)

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

CHK has spoken of 80 acre well spacing in the HS. That works out to 8 wells per unit. In the Barnett it's 50 acre spacing. I saw in stockholder literature for CHK ( I believe) that the HS would support 20 acre spacing. Now that's a lot of wells.

I thought I saw that the minimum spacing is dictated by the state. Could be wrong on that though.
I keep hearing 8 wells per section, but I've also heard talk of SuperPads (or something like that) where they set up at a section intersection and drill diagonally 4 ways across all 4 sections. They say these wellsites could be as large as ten acres.

I don't see how they can put 8 wells per section in populated places. Do they do that in Ft. Worth?

Hypothetical Question: Let's say you buy a section of land, but the seller reserves his mineral rights. But you make a condition that the surface may not be used for drilling without your permission.

You have no incentive for drilling. I wonder how much the companies would pay for the right to drill on you? Anyone have an idea?
MrC: Do you know which section? I'd like to see if it's on GoogleEarth yet. Thanks.
Bacon, is correct in his statement about potentially eight wells per section. The number of surface locations could vary dependent upon operator and location of the acreage.
if they can drill horizontally across the section why do they need to divide the section?
What they're trying to do right now is straddle the section lines with the location (8 acres) and drill two wells, one in each section. That ties down both sections, then they move off and drill somewhere else to tie down two more. Then they come back later and drill the remaining 2-6 wells. It will probably be several years before we see eight wells in the same section.
In the Petrohawk documents located here there's a reference to using 20 acre spacing for wells in the Elm Grove field. That's a heck of a lot of wells per section if they actually do that.
So....in theory, you could be receiving royalties from more than one well even if you hold a smaller tract of land...say 2 acres? You get paid as long as the well crosses through your section (640 acres) of land?

A girl can dream, right?
Nicole, absolutely correct. You would receive royalty payments from any well producing from the Haynesville Shale within the unit (640 acre section).
JT, this is for shallower formations and may be primarily verticle wells. I would not anticipate 20 acre spacing for the Haynesville Shale.
i was told that chk was going to try and drill two holes in the section with lakewood subdivision......but j-w operating co. is currently putting 3 wells on each location in the elm grove field. i was told they do that so they won't have to pay the surface owner more money for the road and pad......just take a look off hwy 71 around taylortown.....also look at the location beside the relay station truck stop on hwy 1, there are 2 or 3 wellheads on that location and on about 50 yards next to them....they are going to put as many wells that they can in the sections that are producing.....thats just my 2 cents
Has anyone driven South on Barksdale Blvd. (Hwy 71 S) lately between Sligo Rd. and Elm Grove? Tanks are everywhere and a lot of drilling rig sites setting up. Not sure of distance between them but doesn't appear to be anywhere near a 80 acre spacing for the tanks.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service