Do you think the city of Shreveport getting to involved could RUIN this for everyone...... like things in the past as far as companies and bussiness trying to come to this area?

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just the opposite, most subdivisions dont have a place for a drilling rig.

if they drill a well on city [golf courses etc..] property then they can reach the minerals under the neighborhoods
Good point.I really dont see where involvement by the city could have anything but upside.

I would like to hear from anyone with a different view on this.I think the city was a little late on this myself.Kind of like sticking your toes in the water before jumping in.I could be way off but that is how it appears to me.

If someone with more voice had spoken sooner maybe my friends and neighbors wouldn't have laughed at me when I told them they were getting mugged at $4000 an acre!
In all fairness the Haynesville Shale became public in March. By the end of April Mayor Glover had cleared time in his schedule to go to Fort worth and learn from their experience. When I contacted him in May about doing public forums he took the ball and ran with it and within 3 weeks had 2 large public forums ready to roll including getting people from the state conservation board and the state mineral board to come. I do not know of any other municipality that has moved this swiftly or done this much to educate the public and learn how to help their city get the most benefit from the Haynesville shale.
You are very correct about the swiftness of the Mayor and I should not have been so critical.As I have talked about in earlier discussions ,even 15 minutes to late is still to late! People are suffering mentally and financially because of a lack of knowledge or any number of reasons you could state.There were people in the know that should have stepped up( no not big O & G.Been there done that ).Maybe there were some that sounded alarms that we didn' t hear.Only time will tell.If our elected officials are not in the know,then who is ? " To whom much is given,much is required"
Honestly though, how was anyone supposed to know this was going to be as big as it looks like to be? I know J.P. Morgan let out there press release and Chesapeake came out with theirs a couple months back. However, I know people signed early, but they signed at a very generous bonus. A bonus 90% of other landowners in this great nation would jump at. Now all the landowners are claiming they were taken advantage of. Furthermore I don't see how people can blame the mayor of Shreveport or the Oil and Gas companies for what is going on. Business is business. I'm sorry I'm ranting but I'm getting tired of people saying they were taken advantage of. I'm sure I will have alot of people disagree with this comment.
Hello Scott,

I agree with you to some extent about the business is business part.If the very generous bonuses you are referring to are the $100 and $250 bonuses they admittedly "quietly" snuck around leasing up for going on 2 years now,then I am afraid we are going to have to part ways on that point.Honestly though, I dont see anybody else in this part of this great nation jumping at that same generous bonus amount.Do you! If you are tired of hearing people complain about getting ripped off I am afraid the only recourse you are going to find is logging on to a different site without any oil and gas issues.As I am sure that we will forever hear the bad of every situation moreso then the good.It is just human nature.There are people that feel they get ripped off when I tell them to have a good day.Some will never be happy.This is not the case for the most part in these posts.These are plain ole people that just didn't know.Business is business but that doesn't make it right!

Just to set the record straight,CHSPK didn't come out until they were outed.They don't want any land "over here" so I really do not care if they get offended or not.The Mayor of Shreveport is the only person in a position of authority that has even been seen on this subject.While he is not my Mayor,he is someone that I have gained quite a bit of respect for in the last few days.

Last but not "leased",(that was pretty good there).The only people I know of that would agree with any of what you said completely are Landmen,Big O & G or people that don't have a stake in this.

Thank you for taking the time to post ,as all are welcome to do.I am sure we can find points to agree on, on some other issues and I await your reply!
I have to compliment everyone for sharing a wealth of information that most of us wouldn't have learned otherwise. This is how we become educated and hopefully make wise decisions. The choices we make in this endeavor could for some be life changing. Even small amounts of land are important when you look at the potential royalties, etc.

It does appear that the City of Shreveport has made attempts to inform the public; however, there will still be some people out there who are not "connected" to what's going on around them and therefore will probably lose out.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see anything being done by the City of Bossier which is very surprising to me. Come on Mayor Walker, step up to the plate.
Sorry..."jaded?"

These are OIL & GAS COMPANIES! They have been leasing land for 100 years+. And THEY ALL KNEW that they had the techno and they KNEW the "lay of the land" per WHAT IS UNDERNEATH IT as in the "Cotton Valley" the "Bossier" the "Marcellus" the "Barnett," "Fayetteville," etc., etc. The ONLY difference today...is the Cost Benefit ratio. How much will it COST us to get to the O&G and how much will it BENEFIT (sell for)? If O&G prices remain at today's momentum, and demand keeps going up around the world for energy products...you do the math.

Please do not act like the O&G boys were born yesterday.
If you look at Pennsylvania, you will see the same song and dance.
If you look at Ft. Worth/Dallas, you will see the same song and dance.
If you look at NWLa, you will see the same song and dance.
If you look at New Mexico, you will see the same song and dance, except the O&G landmen want to "help" these landowners out with $1 an acre bonus!!!! Wow!

If the mineral owners in each of these "plays" are concerned, questioning and organizing in the same ways and all "after the fact," are we all "jaded?" All across this country? All of us...jaded?

People...these companies have had the same song and dance forever, the same sales pitch, the same "better take it today, it will be gone tomorrow." And too a point that is true, but a microscopic point. O&Gs have perfected the "song and dance."

Do you know what the unit cost game is for these E&P companies? Some around $3+ per mcf (UPL) I'd say we lessees are really putting the hurt on these guys. I say again to you: Read on:

"...To make sense of the dollars and cents, it's safe to ignore the non-cash hedging loss mucking up Petrohawk's per-share earnings figure. THIS COMPANY'S PRODUCTION COSTS ARE ROCK-BOTTOM, at sub-$0.60 per thousand cubic feet of gas equivalent for the sixth straight quarter. For comparison, low-cost EOG's lifting cost came in closer to 80 cents, and XTO are hovering around a buck. Of course, getting gas out of the ground is only one piece of the cost equation, but it's a CORE item that reflects well on the economics of Petrohawk's operations...

"jaded?" I think not. How about "smarter."

quote taken from article @:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2008/05/07/eps-expletives-and...

"jaded?" I think not. How about "smarter."
I agree with Liz, Bossier City should be active in this too. I live in Bossier and wish they would do what Shreveport is doing. I fear that my neighborhood will be "forced pooled" because we can't get the word out to everyone what is going on. I still have neighbors who threw their letters away from Twin Cities. I would also like to know if Twin Cities is going to be the only one to approach Bossier. Does anyone know?
Same here with Twins Cities. They have a young man
working there that lies to your face!
Queenie
Patty,
You have to get out and go door to door talking to neighbors. If you form an association and collectively bargain you will find more success in getting a fair deal. Once you have a firm association contact Chesapeake and Petrohawk, XTO, and Cubic energy directly. Tell them you have no interest in dealing with people like Twin Cities and they will send someone more reputable to work with you. There is power in numbers but you have to get out and do the leg work to get it done.
Sue, what happened with Twin Cities? They are the only ones that have approached Bossier from what everyone I have asked so far has told me (at least my area)

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service