With my lease expiring On November. JW is starting the groundwork for a well in my section, My question is what timeframe for a well from securing the road, pad and permit to start production. How can you tell looking at Sonris when a well is considered to be in production.

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The time fram can be as little as 2 months and as much as 6 months. That said, you need to read your lease. If it does not define what constitutes activity to hold you in the lease i.e. "production in paying quantities" then just the groundwork could lock you into the lease.
hry tim even if it states production in paying quantities you might be hung. some contracts states that as long as drilling operations are going on it will extend your lease anywhere from 60-90 days after drilling has ceased. so a oil company can drill the hole and they have 60-90 days to come back in and frac. after the frac they have 60-90 more days to run a pipeline. and when they run a pipeline they have 60-90 to get the well producing. there are all kind of loopholes which can hold your lease for a long while. and as kassi stated sometimes they can just survey and hold your lease.
Tim,

Are you in Section 16 by Stonewall-Frierson Road? J & W already has a permit there. Then if you go along I-49 in between the Stonewall exit and the Frierson exit, you can see 4 drill pads on either side of the road ready. There is one rig drilling over by ShankCat's bar-b-que and now there is a rig setting up as of yesterday beside I-49.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service