Does anybody know of any lease offers going on in Winn Parish?

Views: 1678

Replies to This Discussion

Don't know about Winn but Hunt is around Olla. They are leasing the Anona Chalk.
In the last few days we've been offered (actually re-offered since they made the same offer several months ago) $150/acre by DB Interests. Told the landman Ernest Kauffman that they'd have to come up with something much better! He said $150 is their top dollar. (uh huh, yeah, right) Jack
Hang in there! The seismic crews are laying the geophones in our area hear in the Pineridge community in north west Winn Parish. Not sure how long it will be before the data is processed, after it is collected. But I believe that after the results are in things will pick up in our parish. I think it would be unwise to sign anything until the seismic survey is completed. Just my opinion.
Hi Lee, what is the township, range, etc for the land where they are doing the seismic testing? Thanks, Jack
Township 13 North, Range 5 West. From what I understand that this survey extends as far north as Bienville in Bienville Parish, and goes far to our south. They are moving steadily from west to east. The early stage crews have covered areas far to our east. Somebody has put a great deal of money into this survey.
Thanks, Lee, we've got land in T13, R2-4. J
I was just contacted by D.B. Interests LLC of Shreveport. I am in North West Winn Parish, Sec. 35, T13N-R4W. they offered $150 / acre, 1/5 royalty for a 3 year term (HA HA HA!!!!!) They called and we talked of depth limitations and they said they would sign a lease with depth limitations. They also stated that they were not drilling for gas in the "shale" they where exploring in the "Cotton Valley" zone. Seems pretty fishy to me since the two zones are so closely related. I am afraid that many of the land owners in Northern Winn Parish are going to be taken with the low bonus offer and lease for this long term, not realizing that the Haynesville Shale lies under parts of Winn. Land owners beware!!
DB:

A 3 year primary term on a lease is not long at all. In fact, I'll venture to say that this is the standard term on all of the leases that have been acquired in the western parishes (Caddo, DeSoto, etc.) for the Haynesville Shale.
Be careful with the particulars of the lease!!!!!!!! I'm in s/w DeSoto. Lots of folks up our way signed what they thought was 3 yr lease only to find out that there was a 2 yr extension, making it a basically a 5 yr lease. These people have waiting for the 3 yr primary term to expire only to be hit in the face with a "chicken feed" check (sometimes only $10 per acre) at the last minute which of course extended the lease for the 2 yrsI
Wilmer:
The term is not the HA HA part. The $150/ acre gives me a good laugh.
This go round it sounds like we are all being offered $150/acre, three years, 1/5 royalties. A bad lease is better than no lease......but, you can be stubborn and get no lease and wait and wait and wait.

I personally think the bonus, time and royalty amount is about right. I would not want an option for an extension.

If anybody is putting depth restrictions on their lease what depth limit are you getting?
Whats the latest data on The HS in Winn parish ?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service