Petrohawk Energy Corporation Reports Haynesville Shale Result and Leasehold Update
Monday June 30, 7:56 am ET

HOUSTON, June 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Petrohawk Energy Corporation ("Petrohawk" or the "Company") (NYSE: HK - News) today announced that it has completed its initial horizontal well in the Haynesville Shale. On June 27, 2008, the Elm Grove Plantation #63 (100% working interest) was placed on production. On June 29, 2008, the well produced at an average rate of approximately 16.8 million cubic feet of natural gas per day with 5,600 pounds flowing casing pressure on a 26/64" choke. The pilot hole drilled on the well encountered approximately 212 net feet of Haynesville Shale. The targeted interval in the reservoir was at 11,005 feet true vertical depth, and a lateral of 3,880 feet in length was drilled. The completion of the well included eleven stages of fracture stimulation. The Elm Grove Plantation #63 is located in Section 9 - Township 16 North - Range 11 West, Bossier Parish, Louisiana.

Views: 398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats Northwest Louisiana!!!!
just think 640 acer @75% interest @ just say $8.72 per 16.8mmcf per day is $40,425,210.00 per year... Petrohawk should not have a problem paying big lease bonuses
There will be 6 to 9 wells drilled per section. Gas is trading at around $13.00. Your numbers are a little light.
oh... I know I just used a low #
My land is in Bienville Parish and we recently signed with Chesapeake. We are about five miles from Elm Grove Louisiana. Can I assume the Elm Grove field is in Elm Grove Louisiana?
Yes, Melinda. My understanding is that the Elm Grove field is clustered around Elm Grove, LA. This particular well is in 16N 11W. Aren't you in 15N 10W? My family has land in that township too and this is very good news.
Yes Janie, We are 15N 10W, this is very good news. This is why we had another offer from Petrohawk over the weekend, but we had already signed with Chesapeake. The Lease offers for this area have already increased. Thank You for your information.
For this kind of production, they can drill in my back yard and use my swimming pool for a mud pit!!!!
Amen to that!
Whats the latest status on the "monster" well ??

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service