AC activity map for those interested.

Existing AC fields are in red.

Tags: Austin, Chalk, Map

Views: 7842

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hydro,

There maybe or may not be a problem with Midstates and the shakeup in management. I'm really not sure what's going on with them or how to interpret it at this point. I heard about 6 weeks ago that Midstates was dropping all of their leases in Louisiana. That was by the grapevine. I have no other info. and that was before the firing. So some on the B of D may have had an issue with that. At this point it will be interesting to see what happens with their activity in the area. They have a few leases in the Plains area Northwest of Zachary. The problem has been they have not added any acreage to that since they leased and formed an AC unit two years ago.

Report on Austin Chalk Production of 105 wells thru 01/01/2014

Based on target cost these wells have returned 302% on well investment.

Sounds like there are more areas of the Austin Chalk to produce that are not being explored, YET!

Attachments:

Thanks John,

Had no idea what the return is or was. I agree that we are just not being explored. We are in a great position along the shelf for chalk production. Just don't know why these companies are not using the best techniques to complete and produce the AC.

Most of these wells were done 10-15 years ago. With todays technology they could be even better today.

Report by Parish

The more wells drilled increases the return. Kind of like figuring it out.

Attachments:

great chart

I suppose there are a couple of issues.  One is the technique for extraction.  Does not look like anyone has figured that out yet.  The other is that other plays are heating up like the TMS.

It is quite possible that Pointe Coupee could do well in Austin Chalk and TMS as well as it has in the past done with Tuscaloosa Trend and not to mention older fields like Livonia and Frisco

I am assuming 3d Seismic is just not up to speed yet at the depths we need it to be.

When the price of gas trips up again, activity will blossom.  But until them, it is all watch the other guys do their stuff.

Report on St Landry Parish AC production. Looks like the Austin Chalk is the TMS step child. Making money though!!!

Attachments:

The best AC well producing thru 1/2014 and its dual lateral design.

Attachments:

I pulled data on AC wells that are currently not in production. Here is a report on how those wells did in Pointe Coupee. 3 out of 7 did well and the overall average of the 7 wells still represent a 296% return on investment.

Data file and Austin Chalk well map locations

Attachments:

Looking at your map, I think I count eight wells not seven wells in Pointe Coupee.  It looks like one in the southwest is the winner in production of both gas and oil.  That well seems to be down the Edwards shelf a bit.  Am I right?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service