I received a letter from cobra petroleum company today wanting to purchase all of my mineral and rayalty intrest of my five acres in section 18 township 18 north range 11 west .It included a check for 250.00, it stated that once the check was cashed they would own the mineral rights to my five acres.Is there any activety in the portion of the Bossier Parish. The letter was signed by Mark Beaty does any one know Mark or anything about Cobra Petroleum Company out of Fort Worth Texas.

thanks for your replys

Views: 3290

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for pointing out the difference, Mr. Dillard.
Jeff;

Glad to see your reply. I had been under the impression that the company was sold after loss of your Father. I have the utmost respect for Cobra and have dealt with Jerry Ritter (land man) regarding leases in Webster Parish.

Is Jerry still working? Haven't talked to him in several years and I know his health was not good. Anyway, he is a good man.

Aubrey Sanders
I AM GLAD TO LEARN THAT THE DILLARD FAMILY STILL OWNS 'THEIR' COBRA. PER POSTING ONSITE BY JEFF DILLARD.
I HAVE UTMOST RESPECT FOR THEM, HAVING HAD DEALINGS WITH THEM A FEW YEARS AGO. I WAS MIS-INFORMED ABOUT FAMILY SELLING COMPANY.
How many of us have heard that from our parents and grandparents....never, ever sell mineral rights!!!
"She is very, very glad she didn't, given that wells on that property brought her close to $500,000."

_

Is she single? grin
We received one of those,and I wrote all over it "NO WAY NO AMOUNT OF MONEY COULD BUY OUR MINERAL RIGHTS,DO NOT CONTACT US AGAIN" and I put it in the postage paid envelope and sent it back to them.
well said J.R.

I personally wouldn't even take the time to read one of their offers, but I believe that people who refuse to do their due diligence are asking for trouble. In todays world, information is only a mouseclick away, ignorance is just not an excuse.
I replied on a newer post, but I RESPECTFULLY disagree. The ELDERLY are not a mouse click away. They are the ones that seem to be taken advantage of. Sometimes they are too trusting of others and end up without any protection.
If you don't understand what you are looking at, ask.
They put deceptive terms in the offer, trying to trick the seller into selling things they don't realize they're selling. Crooked, if not actually illegal.
Also beware of BlackHawk Royalty of Lafayette LA. We got a letter from them yesterday offering to buy the royalties on 20 acres in Red River parish. Said the offer was good until March 20. Never Never Never will we sell royalties. It seems criminal that someone will probably fall for this.
Got a letter too from them, offering 6 to 9,000. 00 an acre. It just seems crazy to me that there is that much money under our feet!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service