Anyone local to the Avoyelles area hearing anything about the Eagles Ranch Well? It appears that they recently finished drilling well and should be moving frac crews on location soon.

Views: 5449

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WELL ALLOWABLES

EFFECTIVE DATE END DATE LUW CODE LUW TYPE CODE ALLOWABLE ESTIMATED POTENTIAL CURRENT ALLOWABLE TYPE
08/27/2017 09/10/2017 2100 2500 1

Jay -

How many wells have IP'd at 1,000 BBLS - 2,000 BBLS - in the Austin Chalk - only to see diminishing numbers - ending up with the vast majority of wells never paying out.  Am I missing something?

Hopefully new technology will be our friend.  As long as we know the oil is there and it is, someone will keep trying until they get it right.  Anybody can be negative; usually the ones that aren't in the pool!

A lot of them.  That is why I posted the remark about the decline.  Will the fact that the well was stimulated lead to a shallower decline and a higher EUR.  Time will tell.

Jay

I'm new to this forum, my dad lives in Goudeau and I was out there last weekend visiting...we sat on his front porch and watched all the tanker trucks going to and from the wellsite all day and all night?  What are they hauling from the Eagles Ranch Well?

Water.  I haven't looked for the state completion report to figure the gallons of water pumped or the proppant loading but since the frac was completed a week or more before last weekend, I'll guess predominantly flow back water.  The majority of water pumped in the frack process begins to flow back, along with any proppant that didn't stay in the formation, and hydrocarbons when the well is allowed to flow.  Some of those tankers are carrying oil.  After a few weeks there would be fewer water tankers and, hopefully, more oil tankers.  Lots more.  :-)  

EOG is now listed as the operator of the Eagles Ranch 14H-1...the Lease well has now become a Unit Well and the trucks are still running back and forth from the well site.  I hope this is good news???

Encouraging.  What we would all like to see is Initial Production data (the state performs a flow test in order to establish an allowable for the unit)  and then about six months of production to get a feel for the decline characteristics.  The leasing that EOG has done outside of the unit also helps to bolster the opinion that they think they have an economic well.  However, as a number of long time GHS members will tell you, the Austin Chalk is a challenge, and many have taken up that challenge and lost their shirts.

The allowable is posted and it is not very encouraging.  Not much better than previous non stimulated AC wells.  But they could be keeping their cards close to their vest.

jay

WELL ALLOWABLES UPDATED

EFFECTIVE DATE END DATE LUW CODE LUW TYPE CODE ALLOWABLE ESTIMATED POTENTIAL CURRENT ALLOWABLE TYPE
09/11/2017 09/11/2017 1650 1612 1
09/11/2017 12/31/2017 1120 1120 1
08/27/2017 09/10/2017 2100 2500

Looking for an explanation on the below regarding Eagles Ranch 14h -1. It appears to eog is having great results with this well.

SCOUT INFO

REPORT DATE.       WELL STATUS 

10/11/2017                      10                          

COMPLETED 9/11/17 AS A OIL WELL IN THE AUSC RB SUB RES;PM F; 1120 BOPD; 1157 MCFD; 1506 CP; 64/64 CK; 2947 BWPD; 1033 GOR; 43 GRVTY;PERFS 16275-20550' (ST: 10)

The oil and gas rates are good, not as much as many were hoping for but adequate to pay out the investment and make a good return IF that rate maintains reasonably stable for several months with a slow decline thereafter. As Skip and others have said this is just the initial rate and what really counts is the rate 4-6 months from now. Then we will have a better idea if eog's completion techniques will provide commercial success in Louisiana's Austin Chalk.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service