How long is the life expectancy of a gas well drilled in the Haynesville shale.

Views: 7500

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

olddog, I responded to your site emails with some specifics which I will forgo posting here.  However I would like to mention that your well is not typical of the average HS well as it was drilled by Samson Contour.  Those who would care to learn more about Samson Contour can review a number of discussions in the site archive.  IMO, you are lucky that Samson chose to P&A your well thereby losing their lease rights.  Better to start over in the future with a different operator.  Good Luck.

KOH, Haynesville Shale wells will remain profitable at very low rates because there is minimal fixed operating cost for an individual well.

Penelope, most operators project a producing life of 30+ years for a Haynesville Shale well.  Of course this will be at a very low rate after 3-5 years.  

How low is low after 13-5 years

estimate about 1-2% of original production rate --just guess based on vertical tight sand formation wells after about 10-30  years--- we know more in about 5 more years

So that's why CHK. signed a 3-5 year lease with the people who f"found a 15 year WILL" and entered into an arrangement with them.

I've received oil well 'residuals' for about 40 years and recently inherited a percentage of a well that was drilled way back in 1917 in NW La. Seeing how most mineral right leases were written for 99 years back then, my share should run out in 2016 on that particular well.

I'll tell you this for certain..., I've never spent, or entered into savings, a royalty check until it was deposited in my bank account. I have never budgeted a single royalty check as income. That money doesn't exist until you have that check in your hand. Anything can (and most likely will) happen with royalty income.

I remember back when Carter was president and I was receiving a monthly royalty check for around $130.00 and the first "gas crunch" hit the USA. The president slapped us "rich" people with what he called a Windfall Profit Tax. My check dropped from $130.00 to around $40.00 each month with the government penalizing me for being rich. Unfortunately I was only being paid $5.25 per hour on my job at the time which put me right above the poverty level as viewed by my government but, since I was receiving a royalty check, I must be rich.

The government did it once and they sure as hell can do it again with natural gas income whenever they feel that you're getting too 'fat and rich' off of your well "profits". It doesn't matter if you're unemployed at the time or disabled or a millionaire, they'll stick it to you if they feel you're profiting too much from your well royalties. 

Absolutely agree Skip about starting over.  CHK drilled several wells on our other properties and they were 10X better than Samson.  When comparing Samson to CHK, the thing I like about Samson is they pay closer to the Henry Hub price for that production month, CHK, while they drill some monster wells, they always pay 1-1.50 below Henry Hub.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service