With the crowded courthouses, and more guys coming, seems like there should be a blog about the Permian Basin Shale play.

Chesapeake is most active , as is Petro Hunt,and others.

Price is leases appears to be fairly reasonable.

Activity really picking up.

Views: 534

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha!   I'd rather have the horse in front of the cart than the other way around. :)

Sooo, in the Permian Basin what is reasonable for lease prices....in real money, terms? I realize it has a lot to do with location, but I just haven't heard any hard numbers. Which counties are involved?

Thanks for your input. 

The price would depend heavily on the County. You're looking at a range from $50-$1,000 per acre.

Midland, Howard, Martin, Lubbock Counties. Somewhat more definate.....

Midland, Howard, and Martin will command much higher prices. Depending on the exact area, $500-$1000.

Lubbock, $50-$300

Thanks MLE!

If a Permian Basin group somehow gets started on this site... please let us know.  My family has some unleased minerals in Howard County.  thanks

I got a call last night saying companies as far away as Shreveport... or operate for companies in Shreveport/East Texas are gobbling up all available lands out west in the "New Permian" and drilling.  They are poking holes everywhere... just like the old days.  Don't have any specifics because PO Boxes are listed and "operating for" are shown.  Bottom line... there is a link to us... and a lot of activity out there if you have any mineral interest.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service