Skip's post Oil and Gas News Locations & Completions for April 30 lists the following permit for Natchitoches Parish followed by his comment below.  This is potentially very exciting news for the area. 

Brammer Engineering Inc, Olympia Minerals, 001, Sec. 16, T8N, R8W, Wildcat, 4850' MD, Eagle Ford Shale.

"And it is permitted as an oil well.  I think there may be some leasing activity associated with this permit.  Natchitoches members should watch this well."

Can anyone elaborate further on the matter at this point, or are we in for yet more suspense?

Views: 2012

Replies to This Discussion

what is going off 117 I saw trucks moving stuff in then last week they were moving stuff out.

where at off hwy 117 did you see this activity ???
At what we called the old sand pit rd
Is that just north of provencal city limits line??  What is the rd stand for??
Rd stands for road. Yes it's the next road after Bois building.

Thanks Nina,  that is the same road that has had Winn-rock added to its surface.  It is also located in the same area that the permitted well would be according to the well plat map.  Once the well is spud,  you should be able to see the lights from Hwy 117 at night.  It would be less that 1/2 mile off hwy 117,  closer to 1/4 mile off hwy 117.  Keep looking for more activity down this road.

Later,

"The Buzz"  

I have been to the drill site. The drilling rig was there about 1 week. Since its removal, the topsoil has been replaced as if nothing ever happened. Does that mean not good news?
Huh, they've already drilled the well in 16-8n-8w?
So,  they have already drilled,  packed up and left.  Sneaky little critters hey mate!  Didn't put much effort into that one.  Must have been trying to steal my crystal ball.
Interrupting prescription? It doesn't take long to get to 4850 feet.
Sorry I posted information on the wrong township and range. Should have been T8R8 not T7R7. Wishful thinking on my part.  I quickly realized my mistake but I was traveling and couldn't correct it.
That's ok N4,  looks like the interest in T8R8 is over anyway except somebody got their perscribed medicine interupted.  Maybe it would work on my cracked crystal ball.  Not much value in cracked balls these days. Ha! lol.   Somebody must have long term interest in the area to go to this extent.  Time will tell.   There sure is a lot of surveying going on in the area.  Anyone Know why??

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service