I just saw on the Bloomberg website that ng futures have fallen to 4.01 mcf and I was wanting to know from some of the older experts on here if historically this is considered low and what in their expert opinion could be the bottoming-out price on ng? Also with cutbacks on e&p because of the recession, when the country begins to recover do you see a spike in prices due to lack of supply or will it be a gradual upturn? I guess what I'm asking is based on your long history of expertise, how has it played out in other recessions and how do you see the current malaise playing out?

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Therein lies the problem Parker,

As a landman with some flexibility, I take the path of least resistance as is human nature. Limiting a lease below a particular horizon is prudent. Limiting a lease above a particular horizon is somewhat arrogant and I always feel that person doesn't want to be leased. My thought are that they have listened to grandpa too long. I will explore the next section before really trying to make a deal with these folks.
Jon,

It just depends on what the landman happens to be saying. If he says there is no HOSS or CV because if there were it would have already been produced, then it is only reasonable to lease JUST the HS.

Just like if you are being told that the HS is NOT productive in a certain area then WHY NOT exclude it and be sure.
Parker,

Excluding the HS is reasonable, else pay me more to include it. Keep in mind though operators invest millions of dollars to drill to the HS, excluding the upper zones is not really an option as far as they are concerned. They see the logs and of course want to develope any possible pay.

If there is no Hoss, Cv or LCV production nearby, chances are there is a good reason for that. I studied closeology early on. I based my mineral buying on that. Close..ology...if it aint close theres a good chance it aint there.
Personally, If we are going to drill through a zone, we prefer to have the option of producing from that zone if the logs indicate a good show. I understand holding back deeper rights, especially if the o/g is going after a zone above the HA.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service