Can anyone tell me what kind of lease bonuses are being offered now? I have some interests in the southeast quadrant of Panola County, right on the Sabine and have a landman inquiring about a lease.

Views: 1312

Replies to This Discussion

I got $500 per acre all up front for a 3 year lease. Royalty was 20% which was the going rate at the time according to my attorney. I own several mineral interests in Rusk and Panola counties. I always use an oil and gas attorney, not just any attorney, as oil and gas law can get very complicated. It is money well spent and they will do the negoiating for you. Energy companies are in business to make money for themselves - not you, so a good lawyer levels the playing field.

Hello Bsmit,

I am an oil and gas attorney and am currently negotiating a lease in the SW part of Panola Co.  I would be most appreciative if you would tell me who leased your minerals.  Thanks in advance.  kcaserta@wilsonlawfirm.com

Hey Bsmit,I also would be interested in speaking with your attorney.  smll_nncy@yahoo.com

Yes they play games. It is probably the co's largest profit center and why they train (or hire landmen trainded) on how to manipulate the leasing process. Anything you are told, but isnt specifically detailed in the lease is irrelevent. Hire a Board Certified O&G attorney, and have him write your lease and set your own lease terms. So many mineral owners are shocked at what happens to them after they sign an oil co's lease. Ex. Co drills one well to hold acreage and does nothing else for years. Important to have clauses that make them perform or the lease ends, including those specific to depths.
My family has mineral interest in the Reel survey.The deep rights are about to expire and we've been offered $250/acre.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service