Is anyone out there recieving royalty payments yet? I was just wondering what payments would be per acre on an average well in haynesville shale, with what gas prices are right now? There are several calculators on the web but they all seem to give u a different answer. Just wanted to talk to someone who may be recieving payments or to one of the oil and gas pros out there. THANKS FOR ANY INFO!!!

Tags: -, Experiences, PAYMENTS!!!, ROYALTY, Share

Views: 1996

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haha, for sure. Now all we need is an offense! Amazing what Pelini's did with those guys.
How do you figure they are a bunch of crooks? Because you think they are picking the lowest price of the month to pay you at the wellhead. Your lucky to get a royalty check at all. If it wasn't for them paying millions of dollars to drill the well, you wouldn't have a royalty check at all. Just because natural gas prices are extremely low due the Great Recession, doesn't make them crooks. I'm sorry you we're payed only 150/acre, but you do have royalties to look forward to for the rest of your life. I'm getting tired of people saying we're crooks when it's the Oil and Gas Companies who are the the ones who put up all the money up and continue to drill when gas prices are so slow. Bob, you're not the only one who is not happy with the current revenue of your well.
Scott, for the most part, you are a bunch of crooks.
Well so are some landowners who try to lease their land knowing fully they already leased to someone else. Can't tell you how many times that happened. There are crooks in every business.
Scott, I realize I'm lucky for them to get the gas out because I could never do it. But they are lucky too because we own the land the gas is under. So its kind of a scratch each others back deal. But show me a graph anywhere that shows the wellhead price of gas for the month of september average under 2.00. I would imagine its legit because this is a large co. but they sure don't give much information. its just " this is what you get" Perhaps there are other fees that I don't know about but if there are why don't they just show them on the statement. transparency eliminates people wondering about crookedness
We have friends leased in south Caddo. They have been paid 2.00 for gas since JUNE. They are working class people who do not have the money to fight the gas co. to get what is due to them. They are getting a little over $200 mo. on 12 ac.
Regarding landowners who release after they are leased. My personal experience is that we had leased properties in several areas. Leases were take in May '08 and not recorded by Aug. '08. We had gas companies begging us to sign with them so they could hurry and record the lease even though we told them we had already signed. THey kept telling us Louisiana is a first to record state. WE tracked down our leases. Seems the broker who signed us was fired and he took our lease and several others with him back to his home state. We called the co. we leased with, and we helped them track our lease. In the meantime, we were baraged with leasing agents telling us to release. Don't talk about greedy landowners. I am from a family that made their living as gas and oil producers and I started out in this shale very sympathetic to gas companies. I have changed my attitude. And yes, we honoroed our initial lease. The gas co. we were dealing with who had our lease couldn't believe we were so ADMIRABLE. But you gotta live with yourself.
I will talk about greedy landowners because I've seen it with my own eyes. I understand your point that not all landowners are like that but the point I am trying to make, not all oil and gas landmen are crooks either. Read all of the posts and you will understand the point I am tryin to make. Then again you might not agree. Most on this blog don't.
I was referring to if it wasn't for us getting it out of the ground then you wouldn't be receiving a royalty check at all. As for the comment regarding the Great Recession, this is the reason gas prices have plummeted over 75 percent and the reason Bob was getting such a low wellhead price. Can't wait to hear your next comment crying about something else.
It is true: unless O&G drills and produces, no royalty. But, if there's no land on which to site a well, there's also no O&G profits. Everyone stands to profit and everyone is entitled to profit; by everyone, I mean both sides of the lease. The days of high risk drilling (at least in HS) don't exist. This is a manufacturing play. Shale there, gas there, just get it out. Now, there is high costs, and other risks, but this ain't wildcattin. Thus, the 25% plus royalties are now the norm for HS. I've seen as high as 30% in mineral leases for HS. Why? Because the risk of no production doesn't exist.

Problem remains: O&G has the $$$ and the power. The M/O generally doesn't and even if it does, not to the extent the O&G has. So long as the rules are set and the game played fairly (albeit hard), no one should complain. But, that's going to require legislation. The days of "software" to itemize "other" expenses and to fail to account for every drop of gas pulled out of the ground must be shortened to zero. Full disclosure or books in the sunshine laws are in order. If the O&G is playing fair, why should it object to opening the books to the M/O it promised to play fairly with? Suspicion is fed when things are kept secret. So, eliminate the secrecy, and suspicion goes away. Everyone is happy; and hopefully, everyone gets their fair $$$.
I agree with everything you just said. I'm all for it.
Is there a website that shows how much a certain well is producing on a daily bases? Is there a website that also helps you calculate about how much you can expect bases upon your contract? I am one of those people that unfortunately signed in 2006 for $620 for my 4.2 acres in DeSoto Parish. That doesn't bother me as bad as the LOW Royality percentage I received. I don't think Landman are crocks, but I do believe even at that time they knew about how big this shale was. I chalk it up to, every business is out to make money and I unfortunately paid the price for that decision but at the same time, even if its only $100 a month, thats more than we have now. I'm not looking to get rich on the Haynesville Shale, but if I could that would be great!!
Scott I have to agree that SOME of the oil companies are crooks. I am an oil and gas investor that owns some leases in caddo. a well was drilled on the acreage and i participated in it. which means i paid my share of the well which in tune cost around 7 million dollars, my percentage is around 2%. You cn do the math. I recieved my first Woking Interest Check in which they are selling MY gas at $1.80 per mcf. I paid the same $ percentage as the company and they are sticking it to me!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service