My family members have leased land in Lincoln Parish to MRD. They were recently approached by Diversified Land Management / Seitel to sign a permit for seismic survey.

Some of the family thinks it's a good sign and they want to move forward in hopes for drilling and eventually royalty checks. With so much going on in the area and they money MRD already spent, it appears they want to drill.

Some members worry that if the survey isn't favorable, the lease won't renew when the time is up and that would be the end.

We have read all we can find this week on the Internet trying to find a downside or reason to hesitate on the permit.

Can some of you with experience and knowledge tell us your experience with your land and the permits?

Thanks in advance

Tags: Lincoln, Seitel, Wildhorse, diversified, land, management, memorial, parish, permit, resource, More…seismic, survey

Views: 380

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's around 200 acres. Most want to sign the permit. Just trying to see both sides and having trouble seeing why they are resistant. Thought maybe we were missing something.

MelD, you're not missing anything.  If you have surface issues/concerns, by all means address them in the agreement.  Otherwise be encouraged that MRD is willing to spend the money to shoot your area. If it was my land I would be willing to grant permission as long as there are damage provisions included in the agreement.  Good luck on getting some wells.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service