SWN seems to be moving fast in trying to complete the Garrett 7-23-5 H well in Lick Creek field of Claiborne Parish. They reached total depth on Feb 8th and have now apparently set casing to the bottom and moved the main rig. Six Schlumberger trucks were seen going to the location last week, and yesterday smoke was seen coming from the well, probably from a flare, although my sources were not close enough to tell for sure. Go SWN! 

Views: 7109

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I have heard both ways and never having attended a stimulation party myself the entire flowback could occur when the plugs are drilled out.  The reports detail the volumes of water and proppant that were pumped but not how much is successfully imbedded and how much flows back to the well bore.  I have heard of heavy sand loads in well bores after completing a stage so I assumed that it is better to recover as much proppant as possible early in the process. 

Any rumors from over the weekend on this well?

the real info will come after the 15th. Thats when they have to report production.

I also see at SWN's home page that they will be presenting tomorrow, March 6, at the Raymond James Institutional Investor Conference in Orlando, from 9:50 to 10:20 AM, but I don't know whether this is EST or CST. One can sign up to listen to the presentation at their website under "Investor Relations">"Events and Presentations".

Just listened to the conference and it will be available in the archives later. Nothing new really. Mueller just mentioned the following:

1. They believe they have 3 billion barrells of recoverable oil in their acreage

2. Wall St. sees the Roberson as a failure but he doesn't as it was drilled through the most dense portion of the brown dense and only fractured up 100ft which missed the best rock.

3. He thinks that they can at least get 500bopd per well by improving the location of the horizontal and the frack technique. 

Ok. Thanks

I haven't heard anything, but I'm assuming it is being fracked or has already been fracked. Still don't know why SONRIS Lite reported perforations on 3/1/2012 when SWN said fracking was only supposed to begin on 3/1/2012.

keep in mind, SONRIS is not a real time database. it is composed of entries derived from information from filings done by paper and by scout reports done by the CES's in the field. The only time conservation makes a delibrate sttempt to state exact dates on a routine basis is for spud and P&A. Even then the reporting date may be later than those dates.

An actual example of what I said above:

Notice the report date is long after the date the work actually took place.

02/15/2012 05

01/19/12: SPUDDED. 01/21/12: SET 8-5/8" CASING @ 280' W/ 640 SX. 01/21/12: TESTED SHAFFER BOP'S TO 1000 PSI FOR 30 MINS. TEST OK.

Baron, I know SONRIS is often behind, but in the case I mentioned above, in which they implied the Garrett well had already been perforated, they seem to be ahead of actual events. Mueller of SWN just said today at the Raymond James conference that the Garrett is currently being fracked, yet SONRIS reported perforations from 10360-16450 feet on 3/1/2012. Maybe SONRIS meant that this was the interval that would be perforated?

Maybe it's so secret that Mueller doesn't even know exactly where they are :)

SONRIS Lite Well File data is sourced from paper reports prepared by the industry and filed with the Office of Conservation in the appropriate district.  It doesn't contain speculation on future events, only what is reported to the district office by the well operator.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service