I agree with the person who says that when you but a piece of property that you own it lock, stock, and barrel, all the way to china. I do not understand why you can retain mineral rights to a property if you have no money invested in getting minerals out of the ground on your property. What in the world makes it right for someone to sell a property without selling everything, and I repeat, everything. I would go so far as to say, if the public would take a stand, and stop buying properties unless they got 100% of the property, maybe this could get the laws changed. I think that there are quite a few people out there, who, if they had been informed that they were not getting the mineral rights to their property, they would not have bought it in the first place. I think it is a shame that it is not a law to have to clearly state in the first sentence of a property sale whether or not they are getting all rights. This is something that should be addressed. Why is there not a state or nationwide Mineral rights registry, that ordinary people could access and know without a doubt what they are getting for their hard earned money. Why is there nothing in a deed or title that is current up to the minute of signing, that would let the buyer know what or where the mineral, surface, easements, leins, mortgages, and any thing else that might influence whether or not the buyer might want to spend their money on in buying the property? It looks like almost everything else in this country has to be spelled out for the ignorant people, (like ME), so how did this slip by, or was this a coincidence? It appears that money talks for the people who have it, and those who don't have it stay that way. It looks like the philosophy of the rich is to keep the poor people poor, Money talks, and poor people walk. I guess you get the drift.........Why is it so easy to hide the ownership of mineral rights? I don't think this is just a coincidence, It appears that maybe some lawmakers, or O/G companies, or someone with a big interest in mineral rights may have something to do with the ease of hiding mineral rights, If I am wrong, I apologize, but I don't think that this is something that just happened, or was overlooked. This is just my opinion,, and is worth just about as much as the time it took to write it down, yes this and a buck might get you a cup of coffee, (if you're lucky)

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mr. Sibley, I mean no disrespect towards you, but education would carry you farther than any amendments to the laws. Laws are subject to change at any time, and to place ones own fate in the hands of the law is borderline irresponsible. Again, I am not directing this towards you personally.

There is an event this weekend, that will offer the opportunity to gain the education needed to safeguard you rights. While this may not help in your immediate situation, it may benefit you later in life.

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/events/event/show?id=2117179:Even...
This is Louisiana...The most corrupt state in the Union! My suggestion is leave as soon as you can. That is my plan!
Apparently unhealthiest too, but did u know people who were born in La. can run for President of France.....besides you'll want to come back if u own shale property......gotta watch that meter...
Mr. Sibley,

I would like for you to consider the following information. Louisiana laws are much stronger toward the present land owner. In Louisiana the minerals revert back to the surface owner after 10 years of non-use. In Texas, once mineral title is severed it is gone FOREVER.

The cost to buyers to own property if your requirement was made would be astronomical. For instance, I own 200+ acres. If I ever sell an acre. As an example let's say I would sell it for $20,000 per acre without minerals. If I had to sell the minerals with the sale, let's say I would sell it for $50,000 per acre.

Which way do you think that most people would purchase the property. Also it is "my" property that I have worked hard to purchase.

I buyer can negotiate whether to purchase it with or without minerals. They just have to ascertain whether the property actually has mineral rights or not.
mr parker, I am so proud that you own 200+ acres, there aren't many people out there who can say that. I HOPE for your sake that you took the necessary time and expense to fully research your mineral rights, I sure would hate to see you miss out on your fortune, just in case you might not have the mineral rights. My comments were directed to the AVERAGE landowner, not someone of your stature. I am so sorry if I have offended you, that was not my intention. I was speaking of us paycheck to paycheck, or disability to disability, or SS to SS check people out there who have to watch their pennies. We as a whole do not have the capital to investigate these matters thoroughly , or as thoroughly as someone who doesn't have to watch their pennies. You know there is an old saying "Money begets Money" or in other words, it takes money to make money, and I am from the old school, where it looks like what I have heard all my life, Keep the poor...........poor. Thanks for your contribution to this discussion, after all this is America, where there is still freedom of speech, to some extent anyway.
Hi Mr. Sibley,

I am taking a break from mowing and drinking some iced tea.

I mean no personal offense to you.

I myself am not a wealthy individual. I struggle every month myself.

I have worked very dillegently to have everything that I do. I do without plenty in order to secure a better future.

I have come from nothing and hopefully will do well with my minerals. But if not I will have the same gratitude for all the blessings in my life.

I try to make the best out of what comes my way.

I JUST BELIEVE IN PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

I leased for $200 an acre over a year ago, so I don't have any big bucks presently.

Long before I leased I tried to learn as much as possible because I receive a small amount of royalties.

I respectfully disagree with you about anyone keeping the poor -- poor. I grew up well below the poverty level and I am now middle class. All anyone should ever expect is a "hand up" not a "hand out".

My rant is not aimed at you personnally - just at what I have heard from several people. Sorry if it sounded like I meant it toward you.

I try to get my point across without getting personal. I am sincerly sorry if I have not done so.

We are all here to learn from each other. I am just trying to have people see the other side.

PS. - I don't have any big bucks, but my property does. My son killed his first deer last year. A big ol' 8 point. He is spoiled now.
I for one love this state dearly. I don't see that it has problems different from most other states.

Why not stick around and see what you can do to make it a better state instead of just knocking it.
I thought you lived in Longview.

Or do I have you confused with someone else?
Your shooting them out quick today!
When you are passionate about something, you tend to jump on in.

I'll probably go and offend someone while I'm at it.

This is not my intention though.
Anytime you give an opion, it will have a tendency to offend someone. But Gee, it sure makes you feel better.
It is always easier to "demand" that someone else do it for us.

I think there should be a law passed that each and everyone one of us get some education about some basics before we could receive a royalty check. I bet no one else would support such a measure.

On NPR yesterday, I heard a gentleman working on the recovery in New Orleans. He said,

IT'S NOT TIME FOR PEOPLE TO PUT THEIR HANDS OUT TO THE GOVERNMENT AND DEMAND THAT THEY FIX THINGS; IT'S TIME THAT WE EACH PUT OUR SHOULDER TO THE WHEEL AND FIX THINGS.

THERE IS NOT ANYTHING BROKEN WITH OUR MINERAL CODE (THAT I AM AWARE OF). WE JUST NEED TO PUT IN THE EFFORT TO UNDERSTAND IT AND HOW IT PERTAINS TO OUT CIRCUMSTANCES.

WE CAN DO A BETTER JOB AT LOOKING OUT FOR OUR OWN INTEREST. LET GOVERNMENT BUILD ROADS AND BRIDGES AND OTHER THINGS THEY WERE DESIGNED TO DO.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service