I went to the site of both of these wells on 29 July. Both wells are in T16N R16 W , one in Section 10 and one in Section 9 about 1/2 mile from each other. The PBAF well appears to be complete and ready for production if that has not already started. Fracing was being completed on the Agurs well. One of the field workers told me that pressures that morning were at about 7500 psi and pressure is expected to be at about 10,00 psi when their work is complete. According to that worker, it is expected that the well will come in at 10 to 15 mcf/day. This is consistent with other wells south and east of there.

Views: 293

Replies to This Discussion

The SONRIS database only says that the well has been "potentialed". I had one person that is in the business report that he thinks it is a very good well, but no specific data has been reported yet. Chesapeake has 90 days after the well is reported as "potentialed" to provide production data to the State, so they have a couple of months left on the 90 days. I am not sure what the working rig means. I have heard that sometimes there is "sand migration" from the fracking process into the wel,l so maybe they are having to do some clean out, but this is just speculation.
Thanks Cuz!
I have a stake in the PBAF 10 well, The status today is: WOST. Do you know what that means ?
On the Sonris Lite site under wells by section and township that well is listed as potentialed like the Agurs well next to it, when I was out there last weekend they had a workover rig on it, same one that was on ours the week before, probably just cleaning out water and sand. You should find out in a month or two how the well did.
Lamar and susan. We are related. My mother is peggy simpson monsted. My grandparent are the simpsons.
Oh so you are Francis and DeOrsies grandchild? Are you in New Orleans?
yes. Im 32 years old. I have one older sister caroline. When I heard The name Atkins It sounder so familer so I asked my mom, Peggy. Hows it going up there. I own land in sec 17 16n 15w and sec 8 16n 15w. Hope they get to section 8 soon. I have been trying to find info on the Agurs 9 cause its close to some of our other prop. Have you guys heard anything? Small world huh?
YLO
Well nice to hear from you cousin. We may have met at some point over the years. We are so fortunate to have the mineral rites for this land after all these years. Your grandad was a real history buff and he used to say the Agurs and the Flournoys owned Greenwood and a pretty good chunk of Shreveport/Caddo. We are fortunate to still be benifitting from that!
We are still waiting to hear how the Agurs 9 did. it is completed and is in production. It is being kept hushed but they must let the state know in 120 days from start of production so sometime in January at the latest we will know. You will be glad to know and this is a sure sign that the Agurs 9 is a good well is that another pad site is in the works right next to the Agurs well in section 16. Section 17 has already been unitized so its just a matter of time before they drill on it. There is also activity beginning near Sec 8. Everything is starting roll in Greenwood we expect to see even more after the 1st of the year. My dad (Lamar) and I get out once a week to try and keep tabs on new wells, I'll post anything I see in your area. Good to hear from you!
Good to hear from some of the relatives. I am William (Buddy) Arnold and live in Vicksburg, MS. I grew up on Elysian Fields Road. My father's mother, who was married to William Arnold, Sr., and Lizzie Lee Simpson were sisters. I talk to Aunt Francis and De quite often to keep up with things in oil and gas and the family, and try to get over that way when I can. I share mineral rights in Sections 4 & 5 of T16N R16 W with my mother, Mary Trosper, and my sisters and brother (about 218 acres total). The surface rights to most of the area were sold to John Turner for the golf course, Crooked Hollow. I have surface rights to 15 acres in Section 32 just to the north of there and my mother has mineral rights there. We have had inquiries from Petrohawk on some of the property. There seems to be a lot of activity all around that area, so we are hoping it will come to our area too soon.
I see that on SONRIS the IP's for PBAF 10 ( Section 10, R16W T16N) is reported at 9180 MCFD on 20/64 choke. The Agurs well in Section 9 just to the west is reported at 7975 also on 20/64 choke. These numbers are very good but not in the range of some of the very big wells to the south. However, remember how the wells are produced on the choke could have a lot to do with the IP's, so the wells may be better than the data indicates.
Bud,
I'm assuming that choking a well means holding back some of the gas flow...what do the numbers mean as in '20/64'? I noticed recently that a well just north of our property came in at 9-something MCFD and just wondering if that's the range we'll be looking at for our well.
JNP
ylo. I understand the emphasis that laymen members place on comparative IP's but it is not the only measure of a well's productivity. As more hard data becomes available we will all be discussing EUR. Estimated Ultimate Recoverable is a better measure of a wells long term productivity.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service