SERIAL WELL NAME WELL NUM ORG ID FIELD PARISH PROD TYPE SEC TWN RGE EFFECTIVE DATE API NUM
250852 L SMK RA SUJ;ANTLEY 001-ALT A244 7145 56 00 015 22N 01W 03/07/2018 17111256430000
PRMT DATE SPUD DATE STAT DATE ST CD
03/07/2018 03/07/2018 01

WELL SURFACE COORDINATES

Surface Longitude Surface Latitude Lambert X Lambert Y Ground Elevation Zone Datum
92-27-9.484 32-53-22.342 2014542 808616 188 N NAD-27

WELL SURFACE COORDINATES GENERATED BY DNR

UTMX 83 UTMY 83 LONGITUDE 83 LATITUDE 83
Not on file Not on file Not on file Not on file

BOTTOM HOLE COORD

EFFECTIVE DATE END DATE PLUGBACK TOTAL DEPTH TRUE VERTICAL DEPTH MEASURED DEPTH LAT DEG LAT MIN LAT SEC LONG DEG LONG MIN LONG SEC COORDINATE SOURCE LAMBERT X LAMBERT Y ZONE COORDINATE SYSTEM
03/07/2018 10020 10120 02

WELL HISTORY

SERIAL WELL NAME WELL NUM ORG ID FIELD ST CD PT WELL CLASS EFF DATE END DATE STAT DATE
250852 L SMK RA SUJ;ANTLEY 001-ALT A244 7145 01 00 03/07/2018 03/07/2018

SCOUT INFO

REPORT DATE WELL STATUS MEASURED DEPTH TRUE VERT DEPTH DETAIL
03/07/2018 01 10120 350' FSL & 1100' FEL OF SEC 15.

Views: 1777

Replies to This Discussion

That is a positive move.

Any idea who Ankor is? Never heard of them before this.

RM, we followed the Brown Dense prospects very closely some years ago.  A number of well known E&Ps drilled test wells: Exxon, Devon, Cabot and Southwestern.  Southwestern was the only mid-major to drill more than one well and they made a major investment without ever cracking the code.  All the initial operators approached the zone as an unconventional reservoir but the discovery well, Exxonmobil #2 drilled by Weiser-Brown but now operated by TMR, was a vertical completion as were the better SWN wells.  None could make a horizontal completion work.  Ankor came in later in the play and acquired some leasehold but I don't recall from whom.  The Brown Dense discussion and in particular, those that were about Ankor are contained in the site archive. Go the top right corner of any page and input a key word, in this case Ankor, in the search GoHaynesville Shale box.

Link to Ankor LA wells:  http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellorg6?...

Thanks for that update.

Did you see my posting that indicated the Southwestern has their Brown Dense position up for divestment at NAPE Houston?

No, missed it, RM.  That could be the reason Ankor is back for another test.

I will see if I can find that flyer and scan it into this discussion

SWN's flyer from NAPE 2018 marketing Lower Smackover Brown Dense position.

Also started this as a separate discussion.

The three wells noted with production to date have range of 380 to 539 MBOE to day (3-4 years). Assuming they are not satisfied with these economics and/or they are having difficult time duplicating results due to reservoir heterogeneity (IMO)

Attachments:

The Weiser-Brown well was the discovery well and a vertical open hole completion.  While drilling, the rig experienced a major kick.  Although the long delay until completion was blamed on lack of pipeline connection, I suspect W-B was out looking to find a larger operator that could fully develop what they had found. 

SWN drilled some very expensive horizontal wells, some above $20M, and never found the correct completion recipe.  The wells that they list in their NAPE flyer are all vertical completions except for the BML.  I think the reason that SWN ceased chasing the Brown Dense was an internal management decision to invest in the Marcellus and deploy capital there as opposed to drilling more BD wells. 

Hopefully, Ankor can come up with a more economic well design or a capable mid-major looking for an opportunity may acquire the SWN acreage.  If a majority of those 100,000 acres proved economic, it might make a nice little play and there is plenty of open acreage in proximity to those SWN units.

The impression I get as well is that SWN has decided to pursue what they consider to be the bird in the hand verses the two in the bush.  It seems that the smaller opportunities such as the dense and their DJ basin stuff doesn't have the "wow" factor a public company needs. And the F'ville isn't the flash it once was.  I'm not casting stones here, just the harsh realities that a public company has to keep stockholders interested.

Here's to hoping that since new operators are coming, it's quick and the new bosses show up ready to get rolling.

SWN had one big problem that they were slow to address.  Product mix.  At one point they had the smallest percentage of liquids of any mid-major E&P company.  EOG was the first mid-major to abandon gas-y basins and concentrate on oil basins and doing so made them profitable and well respected within the industry and on Wall Street.  If SWN was not the last to seek more liquids, they were very close.  No doubt they are a good company but that one miscalculation has dogged them ever since.

You're absolutely correct on that.  Some have stated that the success of the F'ville led to a belief that it would be simple to recreate.  The Dense was "supposed" to be a slam dunk oil play and simply repeat the game plan of the F'ville. Nasty 'ole geology got in the way.  

I believe they will indeed figure how to make the Marcelus/Utica plays successful.  Now whether or not they become the "darling" of Wall Street again...

I wondered if the LSBD would be thrown in with the F'ville sale.  Maybe "If you call now, we'll throw in the lower smackover! (Just pay extra shipping and handling)"

Sounds like Mattress Mac selling furniture in Houston! 

But it could be an interesting combination of assets with some commonalities in drilling and completion 

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service