AC activity map for those interested.

Existing AC fields are in red.

Tags: Austin, Chalk, Map

Views: 7842

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

MidStates has a decent block around the Anadarco area in Vernon and Beauregard Parishes but haven't drilled  any chalk wells as of yet.

They also have a block in North EBR Parish with a unit formed. No activity yet here also. The unit was formed over a year ago and they came in and top leased themselves. Don't know what the hold-up is as far drilling.

the one that expired was in the pinewood field. i looked at 244652 which was also in the pinewood field and within a year it dropped off to nothing basically.  look at 246627 that is in the sugartown field which is the field they just permitted in.  the completion info on that well was removed upon request of the company. hmmm.  interesting to me

The Yuma permit is for a new offset well to be drilled in order to drain an existing Austin Chalk Unit in Vernon Parish where the unit well dried up around 2011. It has been speculated since the beginning of the Masters Creek Play that offset wells would be necessary to maximize drainage of the chalk. That's a polite way of saying the units were cast too large.

The assignment from Addison to Yuma is 47 pages long with 37 pages containing the leases. That's a lot of leases with 45 or so leases on each page. A bunch of land is HBP with very little production.

TD,

I don't doubt that. When I went to that first pre-conference hearing that Anadarko held three years ago my concern was that they were locking up a lot of acreage with wells that could not possibly drain the area unitized. The land owners present at that meeting were happy though. They were of the opinion that at least someone was drilling. They did not seem to be aware that a little production could hold a great number of leases. And they did not seem to care. It was Drill Baby Drill.

I like the map but it does not go far enough east for me.  It stops at the west edge of the Morganza Spillway (and the LaCour #43 well).  It would be nice if the map did extend on into West Feleciana and East Baton Rouge Parishes.

Resourceplaya

Where did you find the map that is tagged? Is there an updated one that shows the entire play?

Up at the top there are attachments listed, it is listed there.  It is just above the window for putting in a new reply.

Chip,

Happy New Year,

I'm more interested in where he got the map and if there is an updated one on the activity and current production. I doubt though anyone has updated anything in the AC lately because of APC's and Pryme's bust in the area.

Good to hear from you, Joe.  Yes, that is true.  But with TMS marching south from Mississippi into West Feleciana and Austin Chalk over to the west and some activity to the east, I feel like we are some where in the middle.  But that is what has happened to my family for a half a century or more - in the middle somewhere.

The good news is we are confident that there are minerals under us.  How deep, when are the issues.  I am beginning to think it is not for my generation but the next when energy will be a bit more scarce.  That is when the development will occur.

We are fortunate, our place fronts on the Mississippi, has pipelines, railroads and highways running through it.  And it is a family corporation now and barring any unusual disaster, will remain in the family another hundred years or so.  We are solvent, so there are no debts facing us and have a good tenant on the place.

Happy New Year to you to.  And may you prosper.

I just don't understand the lack of interest in the AC. As you said the oil is here. If you look to the West you see GOOD wells. Can't understand why they can't get the drilling and completion right in the Eastern part of the Play.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service