Post questions and comments about Vernon Parish in this thread. More people will see it.

Views: 4800

Replies to This Discussion

Is there any leasing activity going on in the Hornbeck area township 4 11 west. What is the status of #1Zap minerals well in southern Sabine parish few miles from Hornbeck.

Not that I have heard of, Alicia.  There was a state auction tract just to the south on the Sabine-Vernon line recently but it did not draw any bids.  Further south into Vernon there are sporadic reports of leasing and there have been some tracts in monthly auctions that have received successful bids.  The last time I checked the Zap Minerals well it was still a temporary plug & abandon. In southern Vernon there is a fair amount of development activity that is in the Wilcox zones.

Hello, ShaleGeo, my wife and I have a small lease interest in the #1 ZAP Minerals well near Hornbeck. I have been trying to get an answer regarding the current status of that rig. You say your group decided not to take the well horizontal. Can you elaborate on your statement as to why that decision was made and do you think there will be a time in the near future that the wellsite might be revisited as activity grows around that area? Or do you think it has been permanently abandoned?

Thanks for the information on #1 zap mineral well near Hornbeck. What is the latest news on the Kites Landing well at Toledo Bend. T4N S14. Is it abandoned or producing?

Unless Jay drilled that one too, we will need a location by section-township-range or the well name and operator.  I keep my boat at Pirate's so I know where Kites is located.  A little help with additional information would certainly save me some time and help get you an accurate reply.

I believe the kites well is located S14 T4N. Hope this helps.

Alicia, there is a section.  A township. And a range.  All are required to complete a location description.  It would be written something like this: S14 -4N - 12W.  Kites is located in Township 4N - Range 12W.  Regardless of the correct section number, there are no producing wells in the township.  The few wells listed are all dry and plugged or plugged and abandoned.

Thank you for your help.. Once again, prospects don't look very promising for that area.

ShaleGeo, thanks for your information. Have one more question if you don't mind. In one of the first log reports coming from the ZAP well, was that there was a presence of hydrocarbons. In your opinion, what factors would bring a driller back to the hole and justify drilling a profitable horizontal frac?

An Austin Chalk horizontal well is a complete crapshoot. The rock varies so much in hydrocarbon content as to be totally unpredictable without drilling horizontal. You are lucky to hit a single fracture vertically. Hit in between fractures and you have virtual dry hole. Until you drill horizontal. You can still have a dry hole or a poor producer. Or a motherlode. You just never know. It's risky business. But at the right prices, the chalk is doable since the good wells can payout in three to nine months before they start falling off. 

cs,

Its all dependent on faulting. If you have major faulting then you can have as you put it the "motherload". Its seems that there is good faulting along the shelf as the formation "broke" over the Continental shelf. In other areas you have synclines and anticlines that form a fracture system. Those fractures can hold a lot of oil in Austin Chalk and be very productive with both a vertical or horz. well. I think that is what they are looking at in MS with the current drilling. 

Unfortunately for the Austin Chalk in West LA, the wells produce a horrendous amount of brine to get rid of. If all that salt water was hydrocarbons, it would be one of the better plays around. As they say, "bummer, dude".

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service