Does anyone know of any activity in Cass County?

Views: 9842

Replies to This Discussion

tell petrol land you will take the same lease as grogran mineral gets they have about 2,000 ac.right in the middle of their block they wont even talk about a lease for less than 500.00 per ac.

Waylon--

Hope you were  able  to raise your  bonus price with PetroLand.

Would that be "Grogan" Minerals out of Conroe , rather than Grogran. If you know what survey(s) they're in, please advise.  I'm assuming you're from around Cass County.

(Hope I'm using right reply form}

Thanks,

Jim Bemis 

yes that is righr grogan minerals from conroe minerals are in james clark survey an sjoning surveys

Thanks , Waylon - The Grogan name goes a long ways back in Cass County --  Civil War days..

Jim

I ran a crew in Cass this year and we were the only active landmen in the county.  I think I had 9 guys working at one point.  A few folks from other companies would trickle in and would check statuses on some of the SE Cass stuff, but very seldom did they show up 2 days in a row.  I get weekly reports still from contacts there, and there is no increased activity in the courthouse.  

I would put money on it that if Petro Land Group is there, then Anadarko is their client.  If I had a group like that knocking on my door I'd lease to them.  I'd even take less than a 1/4 to help ensure that a well gets drilled.  I do not work for PLG or Anadarko.  I am the principal of a land services company, but unfortunately have never had a client the size of Anadarko.

The rumor mill in Cass County is funny.  I had more fun working that county because the funny things I would hear and the random people that would come find me and want to know when they were going to be millionaires.  If you want to figure out who is there, go to Hughes Springs and see who is paying the bills at the abstract plant and call them.... ask the clerks at the court house.... talk to Mr. Patel at the Best Western Piney Woods.  That is the only decent place in town to stay.

About PLG.  I negotiated a deal with them in the woodbine/eaglebine and Anadarko was their client.  They weren't trying to hide the fact in that area.  It makes perfect sense that they would try to hide it in Cass.  I've never seen a place so thirsty for some leasing activity yet so unwilling to lease.  I had a guy seriously say that he wouldn't lease to me for anything less than $5,000 and a 1/4.  I told him I couldn't even take that to the client.  They wouldn't buy his minerals for a tenth of that.  I miss you guys Cass County.

RR

We have a few acres just west of Kellyville in Marion County and a landman is trying to get in touch with me. He was supposed to call me back tonight but hasn't.  I asked around and heard that $300/acre and 15% was about right.  Have leased it for a lot less in years past but nothing happened. About a week ago, we received a "notice of survey" letter from Anadarko saying they were trying to identify a unit boundry.

List of Surveys:     A-382,27,98,372,303,117,397,31,147,180,19. Does this mean they are about to drill? 

Charles,

Can you post a copy of the letter from Anadarko? I have am interested in any activity in that area of the county.

Can't post because I don't know how or have a scanner.  It was a form letter and I included all the surveys and information that was included in it.

RR 

Good to see the "rumor mill" working in Cass County... especially if there's been a 9-person crew working in addition to Petro Land and Anadarko.  Seems to me the terms of lease would be important to consider carefully these days, no matter who is leasing, although I agree that Anadarko has a good reputation. Much of Cass County has been leased multiple times since the 1920's.  I agree that the Cass County folks are hard to beat.

Jeff Mays a attorney in atlanta tx. has reached an agrement with petro land after several weeks of hassiling.200.00 per ac. with a 2year option at 200.00 more .

1/5 royalty and clauses to protect the surface as well as clause that protectes your royalty with a no chg clause and muchmore his phone no. is 903 796 2801

lots of land men in the clerks office yesterday and today this could be the biggest play in cass co.since the cities service eagle mills well came in

waylon, no offense to you or Mr. Mays but none of the multiple listings online concerning his practice mention Oil & Gas or Energy Law.  Mr. Mays'  areas of practice are listed as Real Estate, Estate Planning, Probate and General Practice.  I always counsel the use of an experienced O&G attorney when considering an offer to lease minerals.

skip jeff mays is a oil and gas attorney he went back to school and took a course in o&g law.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service