Clements Heirs Well and Adjoining Well. The Truth!!Below please find a post by scout.
Reply by scout on May 3, 2009 at 8:28pm
Tom, what do you know about ETOCO well in T23 R14 S20? Serial #238870 (producing 353 bpd?). Isn't this close to the Cements Heirs well? Also isn't this oil and a big producer. Did I read this wrong? tia

I answered his question saying the Clements well had stated Perforating and Completing in the Haynesville. Both wells were drilled to approx 11,800'.
Guess what ? They were both tested for the Haynesville, and I have had some good reports of the well flareing very good and the well making a impressive noise when it was first tested. About 4 or 5 months later the well came in weak. Now a well very close and the well mentioned above which is a Dominock Well is supposed to have IP of over 350 BOPD. At first I was a little confused because the Haynesville isn't supposed to have oil, then I remembered the possibility of the Shale transition to Sand Formation.
He is my take on both these wells.
They were drilled to the Haynesville and tested.
They were plugged and brought back up to approx 9,700' and produced in the Cotton Valley.

This information is public information, but what they found at the bottom hole depth isn't. They paid for it and they aren't producing it at that depth. Now if they didn't find something on the Clements at 11,800' in the Haynesville why bother to go to the expense to drill that deep again?
With the cost of drilling and the price of gas it may be some time before we know what is down that deep this far north, but someday we will.

Views: 1286

Replies to This Discussion

Actually Skip I wasn't talking about Cass County when I was talking about the above. Hopefully you realize the Clements and Misionary wells were in North Caddo. Also as you realize Cass County is adjacent to North Caddo therefore could be of some interest to Cass County holders. By the way I also have land in North Caddo as do many people that have an interest in Cass County. Thanks, Tom

Regardless of location or interest, here are the facts.  The top of the Smackover is at ~10,840' in the area of Missionary Lake North Field under discussion.  This is the top of the "A" reservoir.  There are also reservoirs B and C.  And then even deeper the Brown Dense which SWN reports to be 300' to 550' in thickness.  Experts including some of the geologists posting on GHS agree the top of the Brown Dense lies about 1000' below the top of the SMK RA.  In order to drill through the Brown Dense in this location a well would have to be about 12,000' True Vertical Depth.

Here is a link to the ETOCO Dominick 20 S/N 238870 Completion Report.  Note that it's deepest depth drilled is 11,100' (first page of report).  Then note that it lists the top of the Smackover as 10,840' at the bottom of the second page (you'll have to stand on your head to read it but that doesn't seem to be a problem for you).

http://ucmwww.dnr.state.la.us/ucmsearch/UCMRedir.aspx?url=http%3a%2...

Here is a link to the Clements Heirs 24 S/N 240355.  You will note that it's deepest depth drilled is 10,227' TVD.

http://ucmwww.dnr.state.la.us/ucmsearch/UCMRedir.aspx?url=http%3a%2...

What I am talking about is your attempt to make some connection between the Brown Dense and the ETOCO wells in Missionary Lake North without providing any supporting evidence.  It matters little if Cass County is another ten miles west when there is nothing of substance to support your contentions about the ETOCO wells testing the Brown Dense in N Caddo.  You're welcome, Skip

Do we agree the Haynesville was tested? Who did you talk with to get the information concerning the possibility that Brown Dense could have been tested in North Caddo? What oil and Gas or drilling company did you get the information from? It matters little to me what opinion you wish to publish regardless of your past opinions, I am looking for truth. I never have said I knew oil and gas companies were looking for or tested Brown Dense, but definitely do think it is a very good possibility. I have no evidence they did. Do you have evidence they did not? I will let your reply about standing on my head go, but noted and can and will respond if you wish. That is not called for just because you are questioned about your comments, only makes me think you either don't know what you are talking about or have something to hide. At any rate it's not called for.

It is my opinion that the ETOCO wells were drilled to test the Haynesville formation.  There were no existing wells to HA depth that far north.  It's not an opinion but a fact that the ETOCO wells did not test the Brown Dense as the wells were not drilled to sufficient depth.  That is confirmed by the completion reports for the ETOCO wells.  So yes I have evidence that they did not test the BD.  If you find my comment about standing on your head to read the upside-down second page of the Dominick completion report offensive, I offer my apology.  It is a reference to your strong opinions not grounded in or supported by facts.

Only one more question..... well maybe a few more. 1. What do you base your information about the depth of Brown Dense in this immediate area on? 2. Is there a well of record very close by that can give you that information? 3. How close is the SWA well you referenced? 4. Have you actually talked to Oil and Gas Management that knows the true answer or is this only your opinion? I think we both agree if the ETOCO wells did test the Brown Dense it is privledged information they paid for and does not have to be public.
One way to determine what the oil companies may or may not think is by the leasing activity in the next few years.
I think we will agree the Oil and Gas Companies do not intend to pay the very high bonus prices paid in Haynesville. However a reasonable bonus with a good percentage of production is not too much to expect.

Tom

Out of curiosity, if the BD were in Cass County at depths of 11,000'+ what would you expect - gas, oil, or wet gas?

Oil with a smll amount of gas, but I'm only guessing. Your thoughts?

Tom, this is my last post in this thread because you don't get it.  The Dominick well drilled through the top of the Smackover at 10,840'.  That is a fact.  The True Vertical depths of the two deepest ETOCO wells are also facts, not opinions.  The ETOCO wells did not come anywhere close to penetrating the Brown Dense.  There are numerous comments by GHS members and statements by SWN that give reasonable approximations of the LSBD depths that are far deeper than the ETOCO wells.

There is abundant leasing occurring right now but not in the Missionary Lake North area.  That's not an opinion, it is a fact because those leases are filed of record in Caddo and Bossier parishes.  And I have copies of them because that is what I do. 

As to your comments about lease offers which appear on their face to accuse me of trying to down play the value of minerals in your area, I have the following statement.  I am a research landman whose clients are land/mineral owners.  I do not work for the O&G industry.  I have never taken a lease in my life.  I am not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes, my motivation is to supply fact based analysis backed up by public record documentation.  And to challenge assertions that have no basis in fact and may give members unrealistic expectations regarding their mineral estate.  Such as yours.

Really didn't mean to upset you Skip, but you still didn't answer question 2, 3, and 4. If it's not to much trouble I would certainly appreciate an answer since you are basing your theory in part to what the questions ask. I did not intend to nor did I question your integerty Skip , I'm only trying to get to the bottom of the reason for all the lack of information, the length of completion and talk in the community during the drilling process. Something you or I cannot and will not do... unless you have information from an Oil and Gas Company you wish to share.

Education suggests to me that if the BD is present with depth, the combination of pressure and heat is going to tend to yield gas, probably dry gas

There have been about 10 completion reports for Cass County in the last 18 months.  The Sunninghill #1 reports production in the Cotton Valley, with Bossier at 10370', beneath the Cotton Valley.

The Starcke #1reported Smackover at 10894' and Norphlet at 11400'.  It however, had an IP of 5 bbls/day from about 5800' 

Grogan Minerals #1 went to 10950 and reported Smackover at that depth.  Production is from Cottom Valley at about 10,100 to 10,300.

The one that might be of most interest to you is the Frost Unit #1, reported in 2010 as being located in the Smackover at 9900', 

So, why does a company plug at fewer drill footage under the discovery level for oil/gas? I just don't understand with oil being so high and many folks converting to Natl. gas in their autos.

I assume you are talking about the Starcke.  The assumption is that they did not find what they were looking for, or did not have the technical to produce it.  So they plugged back to what they could understand and produce to salvage the well and hold the lease.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service