6 units in SW Mount Common Church Field, 7 units in Freeland Field and 6 units in NW Jackson Field.

COP%20AC%20UNITS%20E%20%26%20W%20FELICIANA.pdf

Views: 3248

Replies to This Discussion

Permitted lateral length actually 6153' as per plat (attached). Paperwork is a bit confusing as to lateral length but the plat is the "real deal" with the depths for TVD and MD.

Hopefully they can drill this far without encountering any mechanical issues. And also hope that they have seismic to help them ID any faulting as well as stay in zone.

Crossing faults not a good thing for sure!

Attachments:

Based on the scale of the plat, it looks to me like the lateral is about 3000 feet from first take point to bottom hole location.  Maybe I am not good at reading plats.  Would much prefer 6153 feet.

In looking at plat, details and scale, I figure that total lateral section in the target formation / section is about 5500-5600'. Difference between the 6153' noted on plat and this number is the distance from surface location through the curve to the first penetration point.

At the bottom of the SONRIS report, it looks like they changed the Measured Depth from 17,500 feet to 22,000 feet.  Maybe this is for a longer lateral.

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

But remember the EOG well was a toe down lateral that appears to have cross cut a large stratigraphic interval. And has also has no artificial lift (e.g. ESP) to help unload the well.

Agree that the steep decline on EOG is not good, but IMO it could have been better (i.e. less extreme) if it was either drilled toe up and/or stayed in zone and /or had ESP or some sort of lift to keep well unloaded over time.

All I know is what I see.  There is a healthy gas flare again from the Eagles Nest.  Is this any indication of better production? They seem to have been working on it making a lot of noise.

Interesting and good observation. My guess / bet is that EOG shut in the well and installed some sort of artificial lift and/or tubing to help unload the fluid off the well.

This would result in an increase in gas flow and associated flare (since they appear to have no gas pipeline set up).

Let's see production over the next few months - there will probably be a rapid drop for one month (after well was shut in) and then an increase that would tie to changes EOG did on location.

Thanks for posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you say shut in, does it mean for trying to improve the flow of oil and gas or giving up and planning to abandon as no good.

"Shut in" refers to operator intentionally taking a well off production. This can be done to either do things to improve well (like installing artificial lift or running tubing) or to repair well. This is often called a "workover" operation.

Operator cannot do any work on the well while it is producing O&G (and water) - equipment has to be moved and oftentimes pulled out of the hole during these "shut in periods" to get the work done.

You could also say that operator could "shut in" a well prior to plugging it, but production would have to VERY low for that to be case.

That is not the case here with EOG.

Thanks for the clarification. Shut in is a "scary" word after the Dominque well. LOL!

SONRIS reported the No.1  COP MCKOWEN SPUD date; 10/17/18.

Set 13 3/8" csg to 3790'

Trinidad Drilling Rig #120 on the McKowen #1 reported 15 days Drilling Ahead  @ 3795' on Friday, Oct. 26.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service