IS THERE A DANGER THAT THIS WELL COULD CRATER? I BELIEVE IT IS POSSIBLE IF NOT BROUGHT UNDER CONTROL SOON. OR IS IT ALREADY TOO LATE?

IS THE CASING CEMENTED INTO COMPETENT ROCK? IS THERE A POTENTIAL FOR THE WELL TO HAVE SELF FRACCED DUE TO GAS AND OIL FLOWING UPWARD OUTSIDE THE CASING? IF SO, I CAN ENVISION POTENTIAL FOR CRATERING.

HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE SEEN THE CRATER NEAR SYKES'S FERRY WHICH IS NEAR DORCHEAT BAYOU? IT IS IN NORTHERN WEBSTER PARISH BETWEEN SHONGALOO AND SAREPTA. THIS CRATER RESULTED FROM A BLOWOUT DURING DRILLING OF OIL WELL IN THE EARLY1900'S. AS A CHILD IT APPEARED HUGE TO ME.
SHOULD A CRATER DEVELOP AT BP SITE IT TOTALLY DWARF THE ONE IN WEB. PSH.

AM I PREDICTING BP WELL WILL CRATER? NO!!!!! COULD IT HAPPEN? YES!!!!!.

Views: 978

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The reservoir is 10,000 feet below the sea floor. It would seem unlikely for a subsidence crater to form with fissures that reach all the way to the sea floor. If they did form, it could make the current problems look like a firecracker compared to a stick of dynamite.
Mac,

I totally agree with your comments. Unlikely, yes. Possible? I think so.
Wouldn't seismic show a 15 to 20 mile methane bubble if it existed?
Ronny,

Certainly I would think this would be a seismic anomaly. Perhaps someone in business might elaborate. I just realized it has been 50 years since I left employment in that business. Something like that should have made great gravmetric anomaly. I worked on crew which did gravty meter surveys on 6 counties in Ms. in late 50's.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service