Submitted 06/17/2009 682268 DEVON ENERGY PRODUCTION CO, L.P. (216378) KARDELL, S. GU 1 H 06 SAN AUGUSTINE Horizontal, Vertical New Drill - 18500 Mapping

Views: 568

Replies to This Discussion

p.s. on a side note, I just received another division order from Southwestern, this time on the Timberstar BP Railroad 152 2-1H... makes 14 that I will have signed so far this year, so I know things are happening down there!
Is this well tied into a pipeline yet? I know TPF II EAST TEXAS GATHERING, LLC has a 24" in that area. I've heard rumors of others coming through there as well.

Is it more than likely that they are producing these James Lime wells now to hold the lease and will hold off drilling more James Lime and Bossier wells in a pool until prices go up and more pipeline infastructure gets in place? Basically taking the cheapest option available right now.

Also, are James Lime well spacings comparable to Haynesville ~660' or would this field be developed completely differently? Can the deeper shale plays be drilled right under these James Lime wells without any problem (other than make sure you miss them)?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm new here...
Johnnie Joe are you asking about the Kardell or the Whitton? Kardell has been producing for months. Whitton probably is tied to pipeline. Cabot had a James Lime program going prior to the Haynesville and was building a gathering system that was not (at that time) dependent on the TPF II which did not exist.

Cabot can drill a James Lime well for a lot less money and hold the leases just the same.

There is no between well spacing minimum in the Haynesville field. The shale wells can be drilled without much problem other than missing the shallower wells. Someone will correct me if they think different.
Sorry I didn't clearify, the Whitton is one I was talking about but I have just general questions on how San Augustine will be produced and what tactics are being used. Now that I looked on the G-1 it states that the Whitton well will be or is connected to Enbridge Pipelines (East Texas) L.P. I'm betting that this well is waiting on Enbridge to get in the area since I don't see any of their pipelines in that area yet.

I forgot the James Lime is lower pressure as well, looks like the Whitton had a shut-in pressure of 1,505 PSIA, which would more than likely need a lower pressure gathering system or well head compression sooner than the Haynesville. I believe most Haynesville gathering systems are high pressure (~1000psi) right now.
SAN AUGUSTINE ENBRIDGE PIPELINES (E. TX) L.P. Natural Gas NATURAL GAS Gas Gathering CABOT 12" EXTENSION CABOT OIL & GAS - CATHERINE VON GOETZ 4.5 251701 05702 In Service
SAN AUGUSTINE ENBRIDGE PIPELINES (E. TX) L.P. Natural Gas NATURAL GAS Gas Gathering ZIDER SYSTEM CABOT - 12" EXTENSION 12.75 251701 05702 In Service
SAN AUGUSTINE ENBRIDGE PIPELINES (E. TX) L.P. Natural Gas NATURAL GAS Gas Gathering ZIDER SYSTEM CABOT O & G - JEFF DAVIS #1 4" 4.5 251701 05702 In Service
SAN AUGUSTINE ENBRIDGE PIPELINES (E. TX) L.P. Natural Gas NATURAL GAS Gas Gathering ZIDER SYSTEM CABOT O & G - JEFF DAVIS #1 6" 6.63 251701 05702 In Service
I just didn't see any other pipelines on the RRC map viewer in that area yet. Maybe they are able to get all the way over to them with lease lines? But it seems they would have to cross 711 which would require the T-4. Probably not all updated yet... Thanks for the info.
You can't assume, with pipelines, that the GIS Map is current. More than likely, it is not.
Found some info for the field rules with this cool little tool...
http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/initializeFieldSearchAction.do

Angie (James Lime)
STATEWIDE DENSITY REMAINS IN EFFECT
Lease Spacing = 330ft
Well Spacing = 660ft
Acres per unit = 40

Carthage (Haynesville Shale)
NO BETWEEN WELL SPACING
Lease Spacing = 330ft
Well Spacing = 0ft
Acres per Unit = 640 Optional = 40
Tolerance Acres = 64.0 Optional = 0

EFFECTIVE 12-15-09
Carthage, North (Bossier Shale), Bossierville (Bossier Shale), Beckville (Haynesville), Center (Haynesville), Waskom (Haynesville)
These fields have to be filed under Carthage (Haynesville Shale). Their might be more, I'm not sure. Just saw this but I guess it's old news...

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service