Submitted 06/17/2009 682268 DEVON ENERGY PRODUCTION CO, L.P. (216378) KARDELL, S. GU 1 H 06 SAN AUGUSTINE Horizontal, Vertical New Drill - 18500 Mapping

Views: 568

Replies to This Discussion

Leo,

When are talking about the Whitton's... are you talking about the phone call we had asking to confirm all of the heirs involved and the letter to be filed at the county seat they asked us for? Devon has several of our family members already signed but were trying to collect info ASAP just before everything went to pot awhile ago. Please let me know if you have any details on it. Southwestern is putting it two wells on our holdings just South of this site and O'Brien has another just over the line in 'Nac' to the West. Thank you!
This is Devons site, pipe is on the ground

I would love to see more of that. Thanks for sharing it.
Hi Motherload People,
I can't find the Quirk T survey on my survey map. I know it is 1.5 miles east of SA. Can someone tell me what surveys are around the Quirk T so I can identfy the location of the Devon well/Kardell???
Thanks
Quirk Survey is substantial but the area just East of the well are Caumley A-75 & PA Sublett A-44.

For those that aren't familiar with the RRC website maybe this will help

The Easiest way to find the survey is:
Go back to DR's reply on June 17th and click the link that was posted, when the page opens
Under API number you will see a small box that says MAP, click on the "Map" and you will be taken directly there.

or you can enter manually:

For the Quirk Survey: click or if that doesn't work copy and paste http://gis2.rrc.state.tx.us/public/ when the site opens click accept,this takes you to the RRC Public GIS Map Viewer which is an interactive map, to the right in the blue section CLICK on "Survey/Abstract" a new window will pop up called "Survey Search" under County(top left corner) hit the scroll down arrow until you see San Augustine and click on that, it should highlite in blue, then under ABSTRACT type 35, CLICK the Search field. A refreshed Survey Search window will pop up with Map, County Survey Name etc. (you will see it is the Quirk survey) CLICK on the word Map that has a box around it - you will be taken to the survey and surrounding area.

You can look up ANY survey using the steps above, for instance if you didn't have the survey number but name only, type in the survey name and omit the abstract number.

The Blue section allows you to interact with the map
To move any direction on the map use the "Screen Pan"(red arrows) below the arrows you can zoom
In the Map Tools box you can click on "create a radius" put your mouse on an area on the map and click. A gray circle comes up and helps you keep track of where you are when you are zooming out.
Legend: gives a description of the icons that are on the map.

This site can have it's glitches if you follow any of these steps and it doesn't load (instead all you see is the entire state) just close out of everything,wait a few and repeat. When working correctly you will see the words "loading" across the map.
Thanks Palmer,
I still can't find Quirk but I found the Caumley and PA Sublett.
Good news!!!!!!!
I hope San Augustine people aren't selling their mineral rights for less that $5000.00 an acre and 25%.
If you are looking on the RRC GIS map go to the tools on the right and click on Survey/Abstract.
A new window will open. Choose the county you want on the drop down list and then type in "Quirk" in the "Survey Name" field. Search results will appear. Click on the one you want (there is only one Quirk Survey in San Augustine) and it will take you to the map.
You can also search for the Abstract Number if you are not sure of the name you want.
Here is the latest from our friend on Oilvoice: Eyes Are On Southern Part Of Haynesville Shale Play In Texas
The fact that Devon is drilling for the Haynesville Shale due east of the town of San Augustine County, Texas will most likely cause other operators that have leasehold in the area to ramp up drilling operations very soon. Chesapeake will probably be next following Devon in Sabine County, Texas. Chesapeake has several thousand acres leased in the northern part of the county.

Posted by Jurassic Exploration Inc on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 15:47

Man I hope he's right!
Looking at RRC it looks like this well is a JV between Crimson & Devon.
Crimson has a 65 acre tract in the unit.
I believe that Crimson has more than that leased. Tract 3 (146.78 acres) is leased to Crimson.
Is there any activity around the Norwood are?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service