Submitted 06/17/2009 682268 DEVON ENERGY PRODUCTION CO, L.P. (216378) KARDELL, S. GU 1 H 06 SAN AUGUSTINE Horizontal, Vertical New Drill - 18500 Mapping

Views: 568

Replies to This Discussion

I looked at the Baker Hughes rig locations. They are showing this rig as an oil rig. Anyone know what gives with that?
I just looked at it and I have no idea unless they were testing the Haynesville and then completing the well elsewhere because of the price of gas. Also noticed that Petrohaks Mary Harris 1H is permitted to 15000' in Shelby and listed at BH as an oil well. The Sustainable Forest 6H from Cabot is definitely a Pettet well and listed as an oil well on BH but only permitted to 9000'.
AL, the well actually has a primary target (Wildcat) that is much deeper than the Haynesville/Bossier Shale.
Les, Would that be the Haynesville Lime? Deeper? I find that area very intriguing right now as to what will happen in the near term and what the target is on these 18000' test wells by Devon, XTO, and Samson. Good oil results in the Pettet from Cabot and 130'-160' of Haynesville Shale from SWN and a predicted "over 6bcf" on the Red River#877 with a 3800' lateral. SWN also stated that the ideal lateral "is not 4000' and not 10,000' but somewhere in between." What type of increased results might they get with a much longer lateral? Would that change the way they set up drilling units(because of shape) in TX and decrease the total number of wells per unit?
AL, again - my apologies for not responding sooner. I will assume the target must be down at the Smackover or Norphlet because these are just above the salt. These seems too deep for Haynesville Lime.

In Texas because companies can control the shape of units, this may allow the unit to fit longer laterals. Generally initial rates seem to be proportional to lateral length assuming the number of frac stages increases also.
Thanks Alongview. I am enjoying the mystery of all of this.
Mike, the permit shows the well as oil or gas so Baker Hughes probably didn't know which way to list.
Ok, Thanks Les. Is there a difference between a gas rig and an oil.
Mike, sorry about the delayed response. There is no real technical difference between a gas drilling rig and an oil drilling rig.
Devon earnings call on Wednesday. Maybe they will talk about this well, or the area in general. I know EnCana loves the Haynesville play, but they are east I think.
Listened to the Devon call today. They mentioned this well would 'de-risk' their acreage in the area. Unlike Chesapeake they do not blow out their wells in testing - they said without a restriction the well may channel and ultimate recoveries may be harmed. So don't expect a 20 mmcf/d initial test here, Devon is much too smart for that from what I heard.

Can anyone tell me what interest CXPO has in the well? I have heard 15%. And also 50%.

Someone here must know.

Also, I think I recall they will drill vertical, then core, then evaluate, then go horizontal and then frac. Is that correct? Was not mentioned in the call today, but was mentioned previously if I recall correctly.

Devon said well results will be part of Q3 call.

Devon also said that all of their Haynesville wells de-risked their acreage, none condemned any of their leasehold interest - at least to date.
interesting results in the Haynesville. from what Devon had to say don't expect a huge IP in their test of this well. supposedly we will hear in the Q3 conference call about the Kardell in early November. can't wait. article below from oil & gas journal, good summary of developments.

HOUSTON, July 15 -- Forest Oil Corp., Denver, and Goodrich Petroleum Corp., Houston, reported results from recent Jurassic Haynesville horizontal well completions in Louisiana and East Texas.

Forest, meanwhile, said it operated only four rigs in this year’s second quarter and continues to defer significant investments until drilling and completion costs are reduced to acceptable levels to support a larger drilling program at current natural gas prices.

In Red River Parish, La., the Driver 13-1H well produced into a sales line at 20.3 MMcfd of gas equivalent with 6,500 psi flowing casing pressure in early July. It had 10 frac stages in a 3,500-ft horizontal leg and cost $9 million.

Forest has identified 110 potential horizontal locations on the 11,050 Haynesville prospective net acres it holds in Louisiana. It will maintain a one-rig program in the parish for the rest of 2009 and one rig in other prospective areas of the play in Texas and Louisiana.

Goodrich Petroleum said the Taylor Sealey-3H in Panola County, Tex., produced at 9.3 MMcfd with 5,200 psi on a 24/64-in. choke. It is in Minden field 6 miles south of the Lutheran Church-5H well that had an initial rate of 9 MMcfd. The company has 100% working interest.

The company reached total depth at two other Haynesville shale horizontal wells, T. Swiley-4H in Minden field and Beard Taylor-1H in Beckville field.

Goodrich Petroleum also held interests in three wells completed by Chesapeake Energy Corp. in Bethany-Longstreet field, Caddo and DeSoto Parishes, La.

Initial rates were 12.5 MMcfd with 7,800 psi on an 18/64-in. choke at Johnson 32H-1, Goodrich 31%; 15.4 MMcfd with 6,100 psi on a 22/64-in. choke at Wallace 36H-1, Goodrich 22%; and 14 MMcfd with 4,000 psi on a 22/64-in. choke at the Bryan 25H-1, Goodrich 13%.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service