Has anyone else had issue with the Division Order presented by Chesapeake declaring incorrect (under) acreage? Have spent one month so far trying to get them to correct their error with no success. I suspect there may be others with a similar issue and am seeking advice on how to get the issue resolved.

Regards,
Gary

Views: 79

Replies to This Discussion

Gary,
I had that problem with them. I own one lot and part of an adjoining lot. It's clearly recorded in the courthouse on the deed. A no-brainer. But CPK kept wanting to put the one lot on my Division orders. They were quite arrogant about it. Then, it occurred to me that if they only want to include the one lot and leave out the other one...ok...that means the other partial lot I own is not under lease. I emailed that to them and within 5 minutes they were ringing my telephone. They had no problem with the correct acreage after that.
Hey Gary -

I know it's been a couple of weeks since your post, but I just wanted to check on you and see what the outcome was. Any luck?

Thanks!
Katie
CHK only indicates they are looking into it (or will look into it). I do not expect rapid action on their part. I am not holding a big-enough stick, to get them to act quickly; which is likely why getting this resolved may take many months (in some respects, that is understandable if they have bigger fish to fry). We are pursuing a temporary Division Order until they address the error, which we hope should be palatable to them. They are not easy folks to deal with (no observable action from them), with some (not the majority, thank goodness) being down-right rude. The people answering the phones do not appear to be the people that actually do things. I remain optimistic.

Regards,
Gary -

Do you want to shoot me a message with your STR and contact information?
Katie:

Pardon the delayed response. I do not know what you mean by "STR".
However, I just received an email from the CHK contact for the D.O. with their apology for the error and the long response time. They have agreed to make the corrections and indicate they will correct for the missing royalties.

Regards,
Gary

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service