DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE OIL COMPANIES GIVE THE LAND OWNERS THE RESULTS OF THE 3D SIESMOGRAPH.  WE OWN LAND IN THE EAGLE FORD AND ALL THE 3D'S HAVE BEEN COMPLETED.  THERE IS NOTHING IN OUR LEASE TO STATE THIS.  WE ARE JUST A SMALL  FISH IN A BIG POND AND WE ARE WITH EOG.  WE HAVE APROX.  487 ACRES SOUTH ON HWY. 183.  EOG HAS OVER 500,000 ACRES LEASED IN THE EAGLE FORD. 

THANKS!!!!

Views: 244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Probably not, off the top of my head, even if they did you would need to be a geophysicist with state of the art software to even comprehend the data, I really wouldn't stress over it if I were you.
The data is fun to look at, but it is usless without a Geophysicist.
We have been successful to negotiate that access to data be included as one of the conditions to granting permission for the seismic survey.

That said, the siesmic operator came back with the following conditions:

1) Information provided only for our own specific lands
2) Access to viewing of info is limited to 1 day only at seismic companies offices in Houston.

The survey for our own land has not yet been conducted.

A few questions from my side so as to make best use of this 1 time oppertunity to view our 3-D info once the survey has been completed:

A. What is the general turn around time from date of Vibrosis trucks leaving your land until the interpreted results might be available?

B. What would you suggest regarding having a capable geophysicist accompany us on the day that we are allowed access to the data. Seems like it might be a worthwhile expense to pay out a day rate to someone qualified to help us interpret our data. The company who is conducting the survey has stipulated that their own engineer will operate their equipment and consult/discuss with us our specific lands, but it seems like it would be to our benefit to hire out someone from our own side as well to help us ask the right questions and who is capable of independent analysis rather then relying 100% on the word of the seisimic co's in-house tech.

Any thoughts on this, and what kind of price tag we might be looking at as far as the day rate to hire out our own geophysicist to accompany us.

Seems like it might be a worthwhile expense if if helps us know exactly what is under our dirt.

This is regarding 170 acres that is on the NE boundries of the current Eagle Ford trend maps.

Thanks in advance for any insight that you might be able to offer.
WISH I COULD HELP. SURE WOULD HAVE RETHOUGHT CAREER CHOICES LONG AGO.
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN CONCERNING COST ARE YOU LEASED WITH EOG.
SORRY. I MEAN THE RESULTS.
The results would be proprietary. different geophysicists may even have different interpretations.

They spent a lot of money, why would they risk losing control over their information?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service