Looks like Encana is doing a refrac on the Land & Knowles 18H #1, S18, T14N, R14W. Does anyone know if other wells in the area have been re-fractured? If so, was there an increase in production?

Views: 4778

Replies to This Discussion

Noah, unfortunately the site isn't set up to handle pdf files, only jpg.  I'll do a search for the SPE paper.  I still have yet to find any wide spread instances of refracing horizontal wells.  The few actual instances I've found seem to be tests on wells that had serious mechanical failures where an operator had nothing to lose by trying new technology.  I suspect that the companies offering the refrac service are only getting these problem wells and may be offering their service at no cost or significant discount.  If refracing was common, cost effective and successful in restoring or improving production flow I think operators would be touting it to The Street and investors.  I've yet to find any article or press release by an operator.  Thanks.

Does anyone know what kind of production the well is doing now ?
Too early to tell because production numbers are 2 months to the rear. If there is an increase; it will most likely be July or August.

Does anyone happen to know what other operators have an interest in that well?

I think most of the leases in this section were with Encana

EnCana is now working on the Packert Wells in Section 7 of 14/14 (Desoto Parish). These wells are in first section north of sec. 18 that was "refracked."

EnCana is a knowledgeable driller. They have to have some technology they are applying to these wells that is perhaps new to the Haynesville

Both EnCana and EXCO are experimenting with re-fracing some of their Haynesville horizontal wells.  Neither has made any public mention of their efforts as far as I know.

I just talked to a friend of mine who has interest in a lot of wells. He told me that what he thinks of as a "refrack" is going into the shale from same wellbore from different directions. His explanation was a lot more technical but this is what I got out of it. He said that SONRIS is backed up & it might be fall before we see any info on it about new production amounts--we would see it in checks before we see it online.

I think he is mistaken or did not describe it correctly.  The re-fracs I am mentioning are re-stimulating the same horizontal well bore.  No new drilling.  There may or may not be new perf clusters shot but the process is similar to the original frac job.  The re-completion designs that I have reviewed basically only vary in the means used to isolate each stage.  I don't know which designs are being used by EnCana and EXCO.

Skip, have you seen production numbers AFTER this process is completed? Will be interesting to see the results on other wells. Thank you for enlightening the rest of us on this board. It is great to have you and others like you keep up on latest technology that helps the rest of us understand the constant change that is going on in technology.

Hi FXEF: Haven't seen you post in awhile. We have a little property in Sec. 18 too. Friends of ours who have more property in the area told us last week that the Sec. 18 well had been "refracked." Had never heard of that process. It will be interesting to see if Aug. checks go up.  If this is a process that EnCana is using, then we should see it used on other wells in the same area. EnCana drilled a lot of wells in T14 R14. If you hear anymore info let us know. Thanks

After your original re-frac post I reviewed the production on the Haynesville horizontal well in Section 18 - 14N -14W that you indicated had been re-fraced.  There is a four fold increase in production from the November to the December reported production.  It is unclear to me if this is a result of being re-fraced.  Although 4 times the production sounds impressive the well actually went from 14894 mcf in Nov to 44820 mcf in Dec. but then rapidly declined back down to 10471 for Arpil.  I think ECA and EXCO are experimenting.  The process of figuring out how to successfully re-frac a multistage horizontal  well is still in early development/testing.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service