Looks like Encana is doing a refrac on the Land & Knowles 18H #1, S18, T14N, R14W. Does anyone know if other wells in the area have been re-fractured? If so, was there an increase in production?

Views: 4778

Replies to This Discussion

The refrac in Sec. 18 took place in late May 2014

Please remind me and I'll recheck it once the May and June production numbers are entered in the database.

The rework and refrac was done in April, that's most likely the reason for the April decline. As for the November to December increase, no clue.... unless they increased the choke.

Thanks.  It will be interesting to revisit this when more data is available.  I don't think ECA or EXCO or any other Haynesville Shale operator for that matter is going to be in a rush to publicize their re-frac attempts.

May production is 38,983 mcf for Land&Knowles 18H. Can't see where the refrac helped any.

Thanks.  All companies are in the early stages of experimenting with re-fracs.  There is plenty of motivation as percentage recoveries are generally poor in unconventional reservoirs.  Too much hydrocarbon remains in the rock.  I have read studies that estimate the percentage of non-contributing stages in the range of 15 to 20%.  And non-contributing perf clusters, 30 to 40%.  The statistics were generated across a number of ongoing unconventional plays including the Haynesville Shale.

On the EnCana CC, they say they have 30 Haynesville locations targeted right now and that the pay off from the re-fracs are accomplished in only a few months.

Pretty small data set.  Without specifics.  Sounds good but I'm not going to jump up and down quite yet.  Would like to hear more about the process.  I hope it's applicable to the majority of HS wells.

On the CC EnCana wasn't ready to talk about the effects of the re-frac would have on the EURs.  So they are still cautious, but they seem encouraged.  All new ideas/methods need to start somewhere. 

Also I think that they wanted to test on NG wells, since if it didn't work, the loss of an NG well is no big deal.  But if this really works and is transferable across different fields, I can see it being used much more in the Eagle Ford, where increasing oil production is much more valuable than increased NG production at the current price.

June production (70756 mcf) is nearly twice as much as May. Don't know if it was the refrac, but something has caused an increase in production. Question is..... will it have a slow or rapid decline?

Another question is whether the modest increase in production when translated to net profit supports the expense to refrac?

Skip,
The answer to my question will answer your question. With a rapid decline curve net profit will not support refrac cost, however a slow decline will probably make a refrac cost effective.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service