I just noticed after almost 8 months of receiving royalty checks that Chesapeake added some deductions for gathering and fuel to my production statement.  My lease call for a free royalty.

When I called Chesapeake the lady indicated that I had "an enhancement clause" that allowed them to charge me for these additiional items.  Does anyone know if this is true?

Views: 1852

Replies to This Discussion

My father in law has substantial acreage in Kansas in the Mississippian oil play.  I advised him to leave it in the ground instead of leasing to CHK.  I hope others do the same.  Protect your friends and family.

They tried that "enhancement" clause on us and thank goodness we didn't bite.  Looked to me like it defeated the purpose of the no cost royalty provision, though I didn't realize at the time that it was CHK's very reason for putting it there.  Instead, I have an excellent, Oil & Gas Attorney prepared no-cost royalty provision.  Guess what, I just got my first check representing 3 months of flush production and in April they paid me $1.43, which is almost 50 cents lower that Nat Gas has traded in a long time.  This proves to me that they have standing instructions to attempt to chisel everyone regardless of lease terms.  In this case, my lawyer is writing them this week as I do not intend to let them get away with it!  I'm sure they shorted me for the two months prior to April as well, it just stood out like a neon light for April!

I am curious what Chesapeake's answer will be.  I wouldn't be surprise if it is this.  Per LA DNR the Henry Hub cash spot price for April was $1.95 and in the late 90s the EIA did a study that showed that well head prices were $.32 less than Henry Hub price and that is how we came to the price of $1.43 for the gas.  Unfortunately it seems with CHK you also need lease language to specify the basis for pricing the NG.

Did any of the rest of you get the think slick publication from CHK touting all the charities they donate to and how many millions they give away to communities? 

seems to me they should pay debts before they give away money. 

but I simple minded that way.

That publication cost some coins..

KHO:

Many entities hide behind such mind-manipulating branding spin.

And the public falls for it over and over again.

Such propaganda has a long track record.

The PR turks know that most of the public is quite gullible, in that a company can spend pennies of their bottom line on so-called charitable branding as they proceed to pillage the pocketbooks of the honest/hardworking folk whom they are dealing with.

Yep, dishonest crooks are smart enough to realize that they have a big need to hide their true intent.

So, y'know, they are quite adept at using such media fake-outs to plant their mental seeds in the public's mind, attempting to brand themselves as a company of "charitable" giving.

But in truth, the real intent is uncontrollable greed and cheating others.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service