EOG filed a LA Austin Chalk drilling permit in East Feliciana on the LA/MS state line in Little Comite Creek field.

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

Views: 3125

Replies to This Discussion

We all appreciate Jay, Rockman and Skip for their valuable input. 

Thanks, David.

I know that Jay is just "calling it like he is seeing it."

Similar to my approach. He has been involved in many VERY successful plays and well as has seen some that have not worked during his career.

Appreciate all of your input since I'm just a wistful dreamer.  Maybe I'm dreaming about the Eagle's well across the street from our house.  Since the initial results were so much more promising than the e/w Feliciana wells could that be a positive for our Avoyelles Parish prospects?  That area was so hyped up there must be a lot of "head Scratching" going on over there.  The gas flare has still been strong lately. Just idle speculation but still hopeful.  The lease options will come around for !st of the year.  Any talk of picking up the option to renew?

Any new play evaluation and delineation is a marathon - plus an exercise in patience and frustration.

Will the Avoyelles Parish work in the long run? Good question. Personally, I still look at this first well in the play as semi positive considering it was the first well (i.e. on the bleeding edge of understanding the play in this area), is drilled toe down and apparently still has not had any artificial lift installed to help unload the well. 

Just my opinion as always. Just looking at what is in the public record from my perspective

For the past 11 or so years Jay has been my go to person for info. He is a straight shooter and often post things that you can't find anywhere else.

Skip:

Agree here.  Jay's position in a technical discipline within the E&P arena puts his perspective more into what works and what will be sustainably profitable as an enterprise in the moderate to long term.  While marginal and/or non-profitable wells do result in monetary benefits to mineral owners / lessors and those parties root and support every well to be drilled and completed, the industry cannot tolerate too many "science holes" as an ongoing concern, particularly in the current debt-laden, low commodity price environment.  Even landmen sometimes perceive the geologists and reservoir engineers as "deal slayers" and curmudgeons at times, but at those times is when management needs to hear the person willing to say "well, that sounds cute and cuddly, but at these prices and given type-curves, you're never going to make it back to even".

As one member is found of saying, E&P is not engaged "in a morality play" - nor is E&P an altogether charitable endeavor.  It is only sustainable when *all* (even the big bad O&G Co.) can benefit.

Very well put. Thank you

Maybe more than many types of financial endeavors in this day and age the old saying, "Don't get your hopes up" applies to the oil field more so than others.  Just the same I'm still grateful for the opportunities that have been blessed on us by the hard work and analysis provided  by people like Jay.  thanks for the feedback.  Flare was bigger than usual last night.

That is a great mantra to follow for sure!

I would figure the flare to be erratic in its intensity when you consider the present wellbore configuration. Toe down and well bore / lateral being filled with fluid (gas, oil and water) coming in from along the lateral at a highly variable rate for each set of perforation clusters.

Almost like the wellbore is "pulsing".

But the overall gas to oil ratio has been climbing for a while as actual fluids are decreasing - so more gas to surface.

I bet the flare is very colorful - probably due to NGL's being in the burning gas stream.

Has to be a bit weird seeing that from your place 24/7.

You are a mind reader. Yes it was erratic and went out shortly afterwards.  Before it was consistent . There has been water trucks hauling off water but more sporadic and only maybe one load a day. No, it's great entertainment watching the flare, even though I'm not in the unit and the lateral comes just short of my front door.

I am not a "hug a treer" type. I tell people the oil and gas business has been good to me all my life.  My family had a chain of service stations in Houston.  I say having an oil lease is my reward for wiping windshields, checking the oil and tires with $2 worth of gas.  Also enjoy the "bragging rights" as all Texans want an oil well.

Funny you mentioned gas stations - I grew up in a small East Coast town where my dad's gas station was connected to the house / so I was working at a "SERVICE" station from the time I was 12 until I left for college. I remember gas in the 30 cent per gallon range - as well as changing times using old fashioned tire bars and tools (before the pneumatic tire devices became popular).

Ultimate downstream part of the O&G industry!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service