Anyone with info about EOG buying out Bluestone Nat. Resources and CH4 Energy in Walker County.

Also check out production on Apollo Gibbs well.  Can this be correct?

Views: 8066

Replies to This Discussion

EOG continues buying in Walker and Madison County.  They purchased the Burk Royalty wells and leases.  Anyone with EOG info?

New Production, EOG, INC., Vick B Unit #1H, Fort Trinidad, East, Buda.  Jan. 2014, 43,935 BBLs Oil, 152,382 Gas.  1,414 BOPD.  Located on Walker/Madison County line. 

This area on fire!

Vick B #1H has produced 96,128 BBLs in four months. Reports attached.

Attachments:

Great volume for only four months (and most probably only three full months)

But the decline profile is a bit disturbing - over 60% decline in liquid volume from max production month to month #4 numbers. Compared to less than 50% decline in gas volumes over same period. 

Wondering if pressure drop in reservoir is causing liquid yield to decrease over time

I noticed that but I haven't looked at enough Buda history to know if that is typical or not. Won't they add some type of lift to overcome the pressure drop?

They have not reported that well for April yet but they have reported other pending production in that district. Maybe it was shut-in in April (and part of March?).

This is a unique well as to Buda since it appears to have a much more complicated oil / condensate vs gas reservoir.

Artificial lift installation will help unload well but cannot reverse downhole pressure drop in reservoir. The pressure drop means condensate would be dropping out in the reservoir and not being carried to the surface in gaseous phase. And once it drops out in the reservoir it will be much more difficult to produce.

I even wonder if this is really a Buda well or instead is in the Glen Rose or other Lower Cretaceous carbonate

That well has two laterals, probably one in Buda, the other in Georgetown unless both are in the Buda. There is a note on the completion summary: ST01 KOP is within the Buda.  No plug needed. 

Attachments:

In looking at this info, the TVD of the laterals is only 48' different. With one being called "sidetrack", that is telling me the first lateral was "lost" and that the sidetrack was drilled to replace it.

May have lost tools / fish in hole to cause the need for sidetrack.

If it were two stacked laterals (i.e. different zones), I believe the terminology would be listed in some sort of "hole #1" and "hole #2"

You may be right. Look at this report, though, and you will see why I said what I did. It is a dual in Buda/GT and the TVDs are not very far apart.

Attachments:

Using the Buckhorn example (thanks for posting), the two laterals are shown on one plat so the dual target situation is pretty clear.

For whatever reason, the Vick B is not putting both laterals on same plat - and the wells look the same until you note the footages (S and E) and especially the azimuth info (151.57 degrees and 160.42 degrees) in the notes in the upper right hand corner.

So 99.9% sure that Vick B has two laterals in different formations.

Great catch and thanks for getting this cleared up.

We are leased to EOG. Our minerals are due north of Huntsville. What I don't see are many wells permitted. Most seem to be to the NW of Huntsville. Any ideas on what their plans are as to more aggressive?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service