Hello again, have just received a call from EOG wanting to lease 30 acres that I own about 8 miles east of Nacogdoches for $275 an acre and 3/16 royalty. My neighbors ,who border my acreage, is holding out for $450 an acre. Does anyone know what price we should be asking for? Another neighbor, (AL Johnston) was drilled by EOG a few months ago and hit a huge find with vertical drill. EOG hinted that if I don't lease with them, that they will horizontal drill from Johnson's well and attach any gas under my ground anyway. Is this possible or legal? Thanks much for any info and guidance.

Views: 1544

Replies to This Discussion

For those who might have missed EOG's Q3 conference call, here's an interesting tidbit from page 2 & 3 of the transcript:

Now, I’ll turn to the North American gas side of the ledger. We recently consummated a Haynesville acreage transaction in Nacogdoches County, Texas. EOG acquired approximately 50,000 acres of Haynesville deep rise. After adjusting for an AMI Partners likely exercising its right to acquire a portion, we have added 37,000 net acres.

We now have 153,000 net Haynesville acres, but the location of our acreage is more important than the total number. Our acreage is concentrated primarily in two areas, one portion is in the Louisiana’s DeSoto Parish which is in the original core area and we’ve previously reported well IPs of 15 plus million cubic feet a day.

Remainder of the acreage is primarily in Nacogdoches and San Augustine Counties in East Texas. And our recent well results confirm a second core area in Nacogdoches County. Our Gammage #1 exploration well which we had not addressed publicly kicked off a lot of analyst speculation about this area. Actually the Gammage turned out to be a decent well as the short lateral, but we follow that up with several outstanding wells that rivaled the best sound in Louisiana core area.

Also in Nacogdoches County, the Hill #1, Pop #1 and Hassell #1 wells each IP’ed at rates in excess of 15 million cubic feet a day, the 7250 psi flowing tubing pressure. And we could have opened them up farther and obtained higher IPs. We have 42% working interest in these wells.

Wells, an early production history indicate we’ve found a new Haynesville sweet spot and the acreage acquisition noted earlier offsets these wells. These wells have higher bottom hold pressures than the established North Louisiana sweet spots yielding estimated gross reserves of 10 Bcf per well for $10 million well cost.

We believe we’re consistently making the best Haynesville wells in the industry. 92% of our wells IP’ed rates greater than 10 million cubic feet a day and only 8% IP’ed at less than 7 million cubic feet a day. We also updated our website with this comparative chart.

We plan to run 10 Haynesville rigs in 2010 and increase our Haynesville net gas production from the current 40 million cubic feet a day to 200 million cubic feet a day by year-end 2010. The Haynesville will be the primary driver of our 2010 North American gas production increase.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/171891-eog-resources-inc-q3-2009-ea...
Pretty much coincides with recent activity at TRRC as there really seems to be a jump in permits for this area of Nagodoches Co.

Really interesting to here their positive spin regarding the potential estimated 10BCF per well of Louisiana'a "sweet spots" possibly being matched/beaten by some of these new core areas in E.TX.
Not yet! Even though, EOG has not mailed me the lease, either. I think they wanted to come and sit down with me, but I did not want that. We'll see if they mail it, eventually. Have a great Day!
Elaine Callahan..any updates on your lease?
EOG finally mailed the contract, but haven't taken it to Bill to look at yet. Hopefully, I can get that done next week if I'm back in Nac. I do read this site a lot and want to say Thank You for the comments.
GOOD LUCK!!
some of the reported production posted on a crimson presentation map
Attachments:
Gee - this sounds like a GREAT deal. I know a guy that would give you better...
I didn't get the remainder of your message. You know someone that will pay more??
EOG 2009 ANNUAL REPORT FILED 2-25-2010
PAYMENT $165,000,000 FOR DEEP RIGHTS HAYNESVILLE/BOSSIER ACQUIRED IN NACOGDOCHES 39,500 NET ACRES PLUS ADDITIONAL 7500 ACRES =SONERRA RESOURCES/PINNACLE ENERGY GROUP, LC

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/EOG/743506471x0xS821189-10-1...
SEE NOTES 12, 17 TO FINANCIAL STATEMENT
Elaine,
$275.oo and acre is NOTHING especially if they are wanting to go deep. Heck even if they aren't all my neighbors have gotten no less than $450 an acre in Nacogdoches out FM 1275. Also and VERY importantly make sure if you are going to give them surface rights to drill on your property , make SURE you have the words "Fair Market Value" in the lease for your compensation. I have a well going in on my property right now out 1275 in Nac., Valence drilling is doing it and they don't want to pay me squat, for the damage they are doing on the land. They are basing their compensation on the county tax districts appraisal which is half of what I should be getting. You know in Lousiana landowners the are getting up to $6,000.oo an acre to lease their land if the intention is to drill to the HVshale don't you? Also 3/16th isn't squat either for for 1/5th or 1/4th.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service