I thought the attached G-1 and G-5 would be interesting to some folks.  G-1 has the completion information - looks like acid fracs and therfore the target is the limestone formations.  

24 hour production is 479 bbl of 42.8 API gravity condensate or oil.  1179 bbls of water with that.  Note this is a vertical completion across multiple, thick zones.  

Maybe I need to get Joe Aldrige to look at this, but it looks more like what he describes as TMS rather than Eagle Ford Shale.  Any other thoughts?

Views: 83744

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

That's right.  Did Baker Hughes start listing the rig information again?  The last time I looked they were giving the well name on the map but there was no spud date and the list showing all the wells didn't have anything information on the rigs.
I can no longer find anything on Baker Hughes jffree so I burned an hrs worth of avgas this afternoon to see for myself --- if the Rig Data is accurate I will subscribe and save the 5.50 gas  ----- one thing I did notice was 3 complete NEW pads arranged in a half circle with about 200 ft between them (400' centers) --- one had been completed and had a med. sized pump jack --- the rig was on the second pad and drilling ------ and the third was ready for the rig --- never have seen any layout like this before does this make any sense to anyone?
Liz B,  -- I Checked the W1 and crossed it with a Tobin Map and these wells have to be the Douglas-Black Heirs #1,2 & 3 all drilled this year they seem to be located in the I Lopez  A-50    ------- As for the well you are asking about I believe that the rig had been moved off that location and I have no other knowledge --- assuming that I was looking at the location you had in mind ------ THERE ARE LOTS OF NEW LOCATIONS that are less than a year old
Crespi 1H is still at 8640'... seem to be at a standstill.
Thanks Jffree ---I have not heard anything ----- may end up being a bad hole due to technical difficulties ----- or they may be logging and setting pipe before they turn on the H leg ---
jffree, The VFDs that responded to the fire at this well are saying that the chemicals on this location ate the stitching out of their boots and bunker gear ------- I was not aware that drilling mud had acidic additives??

Additives don't have to be acidic to eat stitches out of your gear. They only have to be incompatible with the material the stitches in the gear were assembled with.  Think seals and gaskets in contact with various synthetic lubricants. They are not all compatible and/or interchangeable.

Most synthetic threads are not compatible with petroleum products. The stitching around the sole of Ariat boots used to just dissolve on contact with neatsfoot oil compound, because it has a petroleum component in it, but it is not acidic.

Liz,

I think the well you are looking at may be old as it states that the info is on HARD COPY ---- info on wells prior to about 1977 are not on the web------ as for companies being evasive about reporting to the RRC I am not sure about the rules or punishment (maybe someone else can answer) ----- I do know that some companies like to "Bragg" about their wells so they can sell them while others try to keep it quite so the competition will not move in on "their" sweet spot. But the sweet spots really belong to John Doe mineral owner and competition is what makes the lease bonuses go up.  The TRRC has a well completions report web site also that should show what the well is capable of when it is brand new but a lot of this info goes unreported or is tardy ie say WORK IN PROGRESS --- I will not go as far as saying the RRC is corrupt but I will say they are very lax in their responsibilities. 

Liz B, There are set standards (rules) for reporting a well completion.  The Railroad Commission operates under the Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Title 16, Economic Regulation, Part 1.

http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.ViewTAC?tac_view=3&...

I don't think there is any "manipulation" of information, per say, but I do think the Railroad Commission operated for decades with an antiquated records-keeping system (magnetic tape and microfilm) and has only begun to transition into the digital age in recent years.  

The information is there... but you may have to go to the district office and look through microfilm to find it, on old wells.

I think the RRC, at one time, functioned more to control allocation of production and to make sure the state got "their share" in the form of severance taxes.  It has evolved into the regulatory agency we have today as a result of lawsuits and legislation.

As the courts put more burden of proof on mineral owners, the RRC had to find a way to make records available to them because, as THE regulatory agency, they were being inundated with information requests via phone and mail.  Hence the website which, until recently, took a maze master to navigate.  

It is in their own bests interests that every mineral owner either learn how to find information on the RRC website or to be able to hire someone who can do that.

I created a page on this site to help mineral owners shorten the learning curve:

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/group/trrchelpcenter

It's not so much that I have an abundance of faith in the system... but after spending three years digging through that site every day I know what is there and what has changed (mostly for the better) about the system in the last year or two.  It's just what we have... so best make some lemonade and learn to use it to find the info you need.

Jffree, ALL,

We have confirmation from a couple of reliable sources that Devon HAS picked up a 20,000 acre lease block from an independent in the Pearson Chapel area of Houston Co.  The seller reportedly made a large profit and held overrides on these leases that were put together last year.

I suppose the important thing here is that the Majors are following the "TREND" of the EFS from Madison and Leon Counties eastward into Houston County as we can confirm the presence of XTO,Cabot, and CHK as well. The best I can tell XTO will play in the Southern part of the trend and Devon intends to play in the central while CHK and Cabot play to the North side.

It will be interesting to see if the "strike" trend continues to spread East x SE into Trinity, S Angelina and N Polk Counties as indicated by most EFS maps. 

That's good news, DH.  When the Haynesville news first broke, the only operators drilling (verticals) for it in Shelby County were Burk Royalty and Unit Petroleum.  That's why I started paying attention to Burk drilling in Houston County.    

When the big independents show up... things are about to get interesting.

Devon... went to Sabine County to lease for Haynesville.  Caused a big uproar with 5K/acre bonus and ran out all the smaller players.  Three years later, they are letting leases expire.  So, I say, get it if you can but be prepared in case it fizzles.

I am very interested in what happens in Houston Co. because I have  minerals, in the Brookeland field, in Sabine County.  I check Polk and Tyler once in awhile to see if there are new permits but I think it's a little too early, maybe, to expect them to move further east with drilling. It will be interesting to see if the trend continues eastward.  

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service