I thought the attached G-1 and G-5 would be interesting to some folks.  G-1 has the completion information - looks like acid fracs and therfore the target is the limestone formations.  

24 hour production is 479 bbl of 42.8 API gravity condensate or oil.  1179 bbls of water with that.  Note this is a vertical completion across multiple, thick zones.  

Maybe I need to get Joe Aldrige to look at this, but it looks more like what he describes as TMS rather than Eagle Ford Shale.  Any other thoughts?

Views: 83744

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

jffree,

Thanks for your comments about Burk --- was Burk just HBP-ing acreage or were they having success with those verticals in Shelby Co. and did they sell out for the big $ to a major ?

It is my understanding that the EFS gets about 20% deeper in the Jasper area. But my Focus has been between I-45 and hwy 59

Nah, they were just prospecting for a package to sell and they did sell some to Chesapeake but not all.  The big take-away is that it all got HBP-ed with some mediocre to poor vertical wells on huge units.

I can't say what their intentions are in this play since they already, apparently, have a JV with Navidad.  And I haven't looked into Navidad to see what their capabilities might be re:deep horizontal wells.

DH, I replied to Liz B about the Railroad Commission.
Ok it finally came through Jffree,  it was just a little tardy behind the notice ----- You might want to take notice that in Madison Co. Navidad seems to be starting back through their field (West to East) with some Horizontal permits so maybe their "plan" is coming together ------ also know that HBP-ed fields blocked the play quite a bit in Madison and Leon counties --- wonder if those operators will drill themselves or Farm-out or just plain mis-out --- I have been trying hard not to lease anything to these vertical only operators---- lunch time

jffree, all

When you Google Burk vs Chesapeake seems that Burk filed a case in District court for $100,000,000  that accuses CHK of "walking" on a contract to buy Burk's "deep rights" in Shelby Co. acreage for $17,100 / net mineral acre in the fall of 2008. So this may be part of the reason the Burk acreage was never developed

Now the puzzle makes sense in Houston Co. as Burk is in the South, Devon is in the Center and CHK is staying well clear up to the North ------ No chance of a JV between CHK and Burk in Houston Co. as they are leaving lots of room between each other ----- must have got ugly with some hard feelings

Liz,

FYI, several years ago there was a landmark Texas Supreme Court case, HECI vs. Neel wherein the court overturned 80 years of law and placed ridiculous burdens upon mineral owners. The bottom line is that there is now shared management of the mineral estate between operator and mineral owner and the discovery rule is generally gone, meaning the mineral owner must catch the oil company in wrong doing or the statute of limitations apply. This is generally considered some of the worst O&G law to come out of Texas, and speaks to the power of the oil lobby, in my opinion.

My best guess would be caustic soda rather than a petroleum additive or acid -

It will actually do more damage, in many cases, than acids, and is commonly used to adjsut pH during drilling operations. 

Thanks dbob,

"Caustic" was the word that the VFDs used and the figure they used was 90k of boots/hoses and bunker gear and I "think" Navidad or their insurance was going to make a huge donation to cover this lost or ruined equipment.

You would think the responsibility for the fire would lie with the drilling contractor as I believe a welder on location was to blame for setting the huge diesel tanks on fire this flaming liquid then poured all over the pad and burned everything at ground level and only the rig was spared but no serious injuries that I know of 

I am like Jffree in that I have had boots and windshield wiper blades etc. ruined by diesel and commercial fertilizers over the years but anything with a ph <7 could be called  acidic if I remember my chemistry class correctly.

Burk Royalty-Verna #1, 225-31194, was drilled in June, finishing up in the first week of July.  No completion or production reports found so I'd call it "waiting on completion".

They will will schedule a service company, like Haliburton, if they intend to frac the well.  I don't know what they will do with these wells because we haven't seen any completion reports yet.  Some of the industry members could tell you more about that, probably.  But they will have to tie into a gathering line and/or put separator tanks on the pad.  All of that takes time and I doubt if they are in a big hurry to let too many cats out of the bag just yet. It could be awhile.

LOL!!  Sorry... I live in East Texas.  We do talk that way.

Liz,

Don't count your chickens 4 ur eggs hatch ----- Old Feller down the road had a well in his backyard with his name on it ----- thought he wuz going to get rich ---- asked me to help him figger his %  and check based on the IP ,unit size(HUGE) and his net mineral ownership x his 1/5 royalty lease etc . ------ had a dot with a whole lot of zeros before it got to a number --- took a bit of sifferin  --- sum = about $1.28 hr from that pretty good well with his name on it------ not even close to min. wage but maybe it will labor 24x7 fur a while.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service