I thought the attached G-1 and G-5 would be interesting to some folks.  G-1 has the completion information - looks like acid fracs and therfore the target is the limestone formations.  

24 hour production is 479 bbl of 42.8 API gravity condensate or oil.  1179 bbls of water with that.  Note this is a vertical completion across multiple, thick zones.  

Maybe I need to get Joe Aldrige to look at this, but it looks more like what he describes as TMS rather than Eagle Ford Shale.  Any other thoughts?

Views: 83744

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

There has been some permitting for wildcat wells in Tyler county I think folks might find interesting.  but no completion reports

dood... you can't be OT in this thread. Very worthy topic, IMO.

Sign of Life! Does dbob have a real dpulse or is it just a dfake-out? -  If it's dreal, I'm dthinkin' 'bout dchangin' my dname to dGoRicky - but only with dbob's dpermission dcourse!!... Good to hear from dsomebody!! These low dddd-down gas prices can't last very long!!!

Dbob does anyone know why ETC is building the Large Gas Plant on 300 acres in Crockett and spending billions on large/long gas pipelines to accommodate it ? ie: 77 mile 24" from Bryan to Bedias to Crockett and 600 mile 30" from Mt.Belview Tx to Crockett to Midland Tx ?

DH,

I didn't realize they were laying that big of pipe.  Frankly, that pipe size sounds like an expansion of the proposed plant is already in the works.  Part of the reason for the location for that size plant may be due to ozone rules (which will likely get more strict in the next 18 months), part due to local success, particularly in Madison and Brazos counties, and partly due to other pipeline interconnects in the area.  

GoRicky - still around, but can't comment much on the development for personal reasons.

Plant is also going to "straddle" a Lone Star line and I believe there is a crude products line nearby too  ---------- Just seems a little odd for ETC to not cancel/delay the project due to the current economic issues with drilling etc.----------- But the ROWs have been secured and the projects are moving forward at break the bank speed 

Mont Belvieu is the destination for natural gas liquids (NGLs).

I suppose there must be a very good export MKT for NGLs abroad ?

Last time I checked NGL prices had fallen to about $0.50/Gal.  That would be about $21/Barrel or half the price of last year.  There is a glut and depressed prices in NGLs as there are in natural gas and oil.  Wet gas must be processed in a facility where the liquids are separated out.  The dry gas (tailgate) goes into a natural gas pipeline.  The NGLs can be transported by truck or go into a dedicated NGL pipeline.

NGLs have many uses and are largely responsible for the boom in new chemical plant construction.

I tell folks - NGLs are like Coleman fuel.  Burns great, but has no lubricating qualities. What costs more - a quart of gasoline (with a bunch of tax in it), or a quart of good motor oil?  The lubricating properties (including the effect of heat reduction) are the most desirable aspects of using "that bad old oil".  Of course, the most desirable aspect of burning NAT GAS for fuel is that it burns so cleanly.  Then, we can take the left-over CO2 & use it in our BB guns to run the deer out of our watermelon patches! - GR

Friday's Baker Hughes Rig Map shows a rig just east of Crockett.
Any info on this rig, or is it a mapping mistake?
https://us.gis.connect.bakerhughes.com/rigcountweb/default2.aspx

Robert, my weekly rig report (RigData) shows no rig drilling or assigned in Houston or Trinity counties.  The is one rig drilling in Cherokee but it's just south of Troup, so north not east.   I suspect a mistake.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service