Fallout From BP Disaster--What About the Other Guys?

So how would you like to be an operator who was minding their own business, drilling a well in deepwater while taking all appropriate safety precautions when you are notified by the MMS that you need to stop, secure the well, and suspend operations? Most wells in deepwater are drilled under long term rig contracts. So as an added bonus, you get to keep paying the rig contract after force majeure is declared. Once again, thanks BP.
Jay

Views: 231

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Who slacked the regs, and when? 80)
sesport,

That's all you got, blame Bush. You're as about lame as the excuses you make.
Never said anyone's name. Congress was steering the ship, captain of the ship was the last to sign on. Collective responsibility, IMO.

Besides, this topic is about the fallout, not the blame.

80)
Blame? U r damn right. When the executive branch undermines and undercuts the functioning of oversight agencies, THIS is the result.
The time is now to restore oversight powers of FCC, SEC, EPA, FDA etc. So they function as intended and r not political pawns who must obey or be fired results of secret meetings bn white house and industry. Now, u might feel otherwise but we tried it your way. An hat happened? Does financial crisis still ring a bell? Does your inability to seek recourse when u r screwed by phone Internet and cell
providers trouble you? Does this disaster not move you to want better?
Why don't you put all the lawyer mumbo jumbo in a box, and speak like a normanl person?
Why? U speak ur way and r who u r.
Until you and sesport stop using oil like the rest of us, you’re just as guilty as the rest us.
Wrong question. The right question is who signed it and what r the penalties
for not being truthful to federal govt, which represents u and me and all persons. 18 USC 1001
cal, do you have a link to the permit? just wondering when the well spud.
also, call me a D/A but what reg.s were slacked and when???
kj
Kj, some time ago I
posted the audit report of federal agencies. From 2000 - 2006, agencies
reported
being pressured into changing
results and rulings. I also posted multiple files re slacking off by EPA.
thanks, i'll look for it. from your link, i think this is a very accurate statement.

" BP has obviously overpromised and under-delivered" ... accurate yet understated.
kj
Try this. It may have link directly to the actual
permit application. http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-05-31/bp-ready-for-spill-10-t...

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service