First XTO (ExxonMobil) Haynesville Units in Natchitoches Parish (8/4/10)

XTO (ExxonMobil) joins other operators in Natchitoches Parish by proposing five (5) new Haynesville Units in the San Miguel Creek Field. This is an additional positive sign for the southern potion of the Haynesville/Bossier Shale play. We will just have to see long before ExxonMobil permits and drills a well.

S4-T9N-R10W, HA RA SUR Unit, XTO, San Miguel Creek Field, Natchitoches Parish
S15-T10N-R10W, HA RA SUN Unit, XTO, San Miguel Creek Field, Natchitoches Parish
S22-T10N-R10W, HA RA SUO Unit, XTO, San Miguel Creek Field, Natchitoches Parish
S28-T10N-R10W, HA RA SUQ Unit, XTO, San Miguel Creek Field, Natchitoches Parish
S29-T10N-R10W, HA RA SUP Unit, XTO, San Miguel Creek Field, Natchitoches Parish

Views: 7825

Replies to This Discussion

Skip,

It was reported to me that the rig in 17-10-10 (Faye Benning) drilled into a salt dome at around 6000 feet and they subsequently moved the rig over about 40 feet and started drilling again.  Does this sound feasible and are salt domes a common problem in drilling Haynesville Shale wells?

George, it appears the original well encountered salt water in a shallower formation (Sligo) that caused the well to be P&A'd rather than a salt dome.  The replacement well will be drilled with a mud system that will allow drilling thru the problem formation and will have a proposed lateral virtually identical to the original well.  The surface location of the replacement well is 36 ft from the original.  
Any word on how this well is going since they moved it and started over?

George, the well should have spud near the 1st of April but unfortunately there is no information being posted in Sonris.

Do you know if the drilling rig is still on location?
George, I am not sure if a rig is on location.
That's typical.   They'll bring in a frac stac (one of the larger christmas trees) before completing the well.  Concerning the Samson well:  Attached is a copy of the state potential report.  This area could be heating up.
Attachments:
Bob, as Steve said, you do not need a Christmas tree until the well is fracture stimulated and completed. 
Heard that this well ran into some faults and was disappointing.
Steve, I notice in the Samson well report that "gas" is listed as the product as opposed to "dry gas" - what, if any, significance does this have for the area?
Shaye, no significance since operator's almost report as "gas".
If I am reading Sonris correctly, it appears as of February 28 the XTO well in section 28 was temporarily plugged and abandoned due to a stuck pipe.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service