Foster Campbell recommended to serve on Oil Spill Commission.

Tags: BP

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Missy,

I don't know Mr. Campbell. It sounds like you do.

Everything that I have every heard about him, from people who know him personally, has been positive.

I've heard lot's of people say he is a man of true integrity.
AEP hates him bc he actually tries to regulate. Makes me more of a fan.
Finally, a little good news about this disaster. I don't live in LA anymore, but I have been very impressed with how Gov. Jindall is handling the crisis - at least he is out on TV really getting dirty and doing something. He was great on CNN last night.
Yes, he was brave enough to push the oil processing tax twice--a tax that would have eliminated the need for a state income tax and of which 90% would have been paid by non-Louisianians. He got my vote.
Too bad it would put our state into years of litigation and probally be found to be unconstitutional.
As well as be passed on directly to the consumer in the form of higher fuel costs.
Baron, you are right on about Foster Campbell - I think he serves his own interest first and foremost - would not vote for him for dog catcher - and have to ask how he would work this position to benefit his self in the long term - if you know it is a snake do not pick it up!
I gotta agree with shaleeee and baron. Foster is best at raising taxes or inventing new ones. A true liberal.
You're talking about a state that on the heels of a ussct decision upholding individual rights will pass a patently unconstitutional law and spend millions of tax payer dollars

I researched the issue. Foster is right. Of course, o&g, who we know r such caring ethical "persons" will spend zillions to challenge foster. Unfoetunately we now have the ussct that we have. Remember how it helped out exxon??
I haven't posted in a long time, but I am supporting Foster for this commision. Just like some of you said, he was with the little guy when it wasn't cool. He probably has more knowledge of our coastal waters than anything I have seen of BP. He's a bulldog and he ain't gonna let go.
He can do more one eyed than most of us can do with two.
He is.
Foster IMHO has had a knack for raising taxes, and is on the edge of being a true liberal. But, I also believe he has the tenacity to stay on top of this mess while keeping the best interest of Louisiana first. Sure Foster is going to pan for the TV, and play Mr. Tuff guy, but frankly I don’t care what he does as long as he gets results.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service