This discussion is continued from the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale Group.

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/group/tuscaloosamarineshale/forum...

Link to SONRIS Lite well file:  http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

Views: 2489

Replies to This Discussion

I think they are talking about the NGLs that are being separated on site, at least that is happening at some wells.  I think NGLs can be transported by truck?

Yes, NGL's being a liquid could be transported by tanker truck.  However NGLs are common in "wet gas" wells and not so much in "oil" wells.  Generally NGLs are associated with condensate production.

I was specifically told butane was about to be shipped from there.  Apparently this well is making a lot of it

Actually, the Anderson 17H1 well had a chilling unit( I think that was what they called it) and a large gas storage tank. They were picking up liquified gas by truck from that tank for quite a while. Encana then tied the 18H1 to the 17H1 by pipeline and also negotiated a pipeline right-of-way with the landowner to tie in the other 2 Anderson wells to the chilling station at 17H1, but for whatever reason, they came in earlier this year and took the gas processing part, including the huge pill shaped storage tank, completely out and now all the gas is flared.The gas royalty checks have stopped.

Ms. regulators are letting them form +2000 acre units and hold them with one well - Encana is planning to drill 4 units from one well pad I hear - so a single 6-8 acre pad could have 4 wells holding + 8000 acres, plus they are allowed to force pool up to 2/3 of each unit. As long as this is going on, I don't expect La. will get a lot of wells for a good long while. If you look at the latest unit application map in Wilkinson County you will see it is rapidly blocking in the entire county and the same is going on in Amite County. The few current operators could HBP almost every square inch of the south Ms. TMS for the next 50 years for less than $300 per acre and less than a 20% average royalty burden. The landowners just sat by and watched it happen. Some of the older landowners may not live long enough to see a royalty check from more than a single well. IMO that is sad.

Ive noticed this also.  Will take a long time for La to get its piece of the pie with the exception of the few areas that got delineation wells.  

Don't know, but it sounds unlikely to me. The Anderson wells had a fair amount of gas when they 1st went on line and Encana even built a compressing unit and tied the 1st 2 Anderson wells to it, but, within 6 mos. they tore the whole thing down. The SLC only showed 4 % gas in the beginning, so I doubt the gas increased much if any, but I did hear a rumor they were getting more oil than the 24 hour ip reported - closer to 1000 bopd.

The well was supposedly struck by lightening a couple weeks ago it was shut down for a couple days - maybe the lightening strike turned it into a gas well?  LOL

yea, heard it caused a mess out there.  Think something similar happened at Blackstone over the weekend

I wonder if that is what happened at the HK Smith well too - +40 sand trucks have been idling patiently (at the State Line Truck Stop) waiting for fracking to start on the Smith since last Wednesday Sept. 3rd.  Maybe lightning likes the HK well sites? That would be a tragic setback.

There is construction on a bridge on Hwy 967 on La side that has the road closed.  I doubt it has anything to do with the SD Smith but was told it had to be done before the Walker site could be drilled. 

Interesting well, Steve.  Know a few folks who have their eyes on its likely profitability. And with GDP having a 66.7% WI, one can only assume that HK via ECA has a piece of it, is my best guess. Wonder how many acres this unusual lease well per its one large landowner covers in the bottom holing section 71 since it hasn't been unitized? Seems that the ticking clock on the leases that are up for an option money payment near this well should pull in their 2-year renewals before the end of the year.   

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service